PDA

View Full Version : 63 days without rain

Ole Joe Clarke
11-28-2016, 06:42 AM
Today is the 63rd day at my location in the Heart of Dixie without measurable rain. I hope and pray this comes to an end today. Supposed to have rain and possible storms. Sometimes you have to have a storm or two before you get a blessing.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

rl69
11-28-2016, 07:33 AM
Prayers sent

Butchman205
11-28-2016, 09:54 AM
Today is the 63rd day at my location in the Heart of Dixie without measurable rain. I hope and pray this comes to an end today. Supposed to have rain and possible storms. Sometimes you have to have a storm or two before you get a blessing.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Yessir.
Here in Central Bama it's a tad dusty...
I don't know what part of Bama you're in, but west of B'ham the grass is like potato chips and the leaves are piled high. One spark and it'll burn for days...but hopefully we'll get some rain this week.

-Butchman

KenH
11-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Down here on the coast it's dry also - I was hoping for rain on Thanksgiving Day just to get rain. Hoping to get rain this week - 80% tonight and 90% Wed so there is a chance.

Ken

mold maker
11-28-2016, 12:43 PM
We got enough rain to make little holes in the dust last Tuesday. It was the first since late Aug. Calling for 10-20% chance twice this week, but that isn't likely enough to help. Over 9" below normal now.
Fires burning West of us sending irritating smoke our way.
There will be dry wells soon.

dragon813gt
11-28-2016, 12:46 PM
And here I am hoping the rain holds off this week for hunting. It's supposed to rain the next two days. Hopefully you get the rain you need. We went two months w/ barely any rain in the early summer.

quilbilly
11-28-2016, 01:31 PM
If I could send you some of ours, I would. Praying to get you some wetness.

Hardcast416taylor
11-28-2016, 02:04 PM
We`ve had rain darn near every day, we`ve also had a couple dry ones, up here in Mich. Supposed to be a serious system start today and extend to tomorrow. I hear that our U.P. has been getting snow as well, be glad to let you get some of our `partly cloudy` weather.Robert

shoot-n-lead
11-28-2016, 02:11 PM
DRY down here in Ga, too.

brasshog
11-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Same here in the panhandle. I believe we have passed 80 days with no rain. They are calling for rain tomorrow but we'll see. Remember...the weatherman is the only guy that we allow to lie to us every day and yet we tune in daily to "believe" him once again.

Ole Joe Clarke
11-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Thank God, it's showing up on the radar. The last rain I record was Sept 26, and a Sept total of .65 inches. We need it bad.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Leon

Butchman205
11-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Thank God, it's showing up on the radar. The last rain I record was Sept 26, and a Sept total of .65 inches. We need it bad.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Leon

Yep.
It's got a NASTY frontal line...and hopefully it won't throw any twisty-twisties.

-Butchman

Handloader109
11-28-2016, 07:41 PM
We're way short in NW Arkansas.gor a half inch this morning, headed your way and will dump way more don south. Hope it helps

Rick N Bama
11-28-2016, 07:59 PM

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Up here in Cullman County I've had a bit, but since mid-August I've registered less than an inch. In the south part of the County there's been a fire burning since early this morning that currently has 8 VFDs plus units from Forestry fighting it. They tried to get air support, but with the high winds & low clouds that hasn't been possible. Now at 6:00PM it looks like we might get some rain before this storm system passes by.

Premod70
11-28-2016, 08:27 PM
If not for a wet summer the trees would be chasing the dogs...never seen it this dry this late in the year. Tomorrow there is promise of rain, if so, happy days are here again!

mac60
11-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Same situation down my way too. Went to get in my stand Sunday evening and the woods were on fire. Fire dept. and Forestry took care of it before the whole place went up. Very minimal damage on our lease. Worst hunting season in many years. It's gotta be the lack of rain.

Butchman205
11-28-2016, 09:46 PM
We just drove an hour to a jr high basketball game (my son's), and five minutes from the school they called us and said they cancelled the game. It was raining VERY hard on the drive over, and torrential downpour on the way back...like 20'-30' visibility downpour. They've called for 2-4" of rain tonight, and a couple inches of rain tomorrow.

Lightning ahead of the rain has HUGE forest fires everywhere. It's amazing how a forest fire can rage on while having torrential downpours.

-Butchman

leeggen
11-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Here in north central Tn. we have had 4 inches of rain sense May. It is dry, so dry that there is some weeds in a couple areas that I would like to hog down but afraid of hitting a rock and starting a fire, have had that happen before but only burned a really small spot out of one of the pastures.
CD

fast ronnie
11-29-2016, 12:57 AM
We're finally getting some here in California. We have had six straight years of drought. States' been on water rationing for several years. If it keeps raining like it has been so far, we might get some of our reservoirs filled up at least a little bit.

osteodoc08
11-29-2016, 03:49 AM
Finally got a sprinkle in NW GA tonight. Need a BUNCH more

Blackhawk357
11-29-2016, 04:01 AM
Sept. 26th was the last real rain here in north west Florida. We sure need a few inches. It did rain 2 tenths of an inch on Election Day. In the movies rain foreshadows change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom W.
11-29-2016, 05:40 AM
We are getting a little right now. First in 40 some days.

OS OK
11-29-2016, 06:33 AM
We're finally getting some here in California. We have had six straight years of drought. States' been on water rationing for several years. If it keeps raining like it has been so far, we might get some of our reservoirs filled up at least a little bit.

I've been watching interviews of various State Water Resource reps. where they are pointing out that 1/3 or better of the Sacramento Valley has dropped as much as 10 feet from the collapsing empty aquifers. Also a few wide sink holes, one interupted hwy. 5...getting like Florida and Louisiana around here.
Farmers are pumping heavily for the big crops.
We have had rain off and on this whole week, instead of brown the whole place is green this time of year.

mold maker
11-29-2016, 10:56 AM
Less than a 10th of an inch overnight, but welcome as it helped with the fires and smoke.
Woke up this morning to 60 degrees and the sound of wind blowing leaves against the screens.
Thankful for what we got, but looking for more.

Budzilla 19
11-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Mold maker, you might your wish today! Here in south Louisiana, lots of rain for last two days, gonna get it again tonight! Hope you guys up there get some relief! It had been dry.

yancey
11-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Got our rain last night along with some high winds. I was called out around 12am to work outages . We have had wild fires that have been burning for several days and the smoke has been hard to deal with.

swheeler
11-29-2016, 11:27 AM
DRY down here in Ga, too.

Two wild land fire fighters from here, Montana, left for Georgia with crews a little over a week ago. Lew told me there were approx 80 fires at that time.

Hogtamer
11-29-2016, 03:42 PM
Blessed with steady rain today!! Thank God!

Butchman205
11-29-2016, 04:03 PM
More bad weather predicted for Bama tonight...be careful what you pray for...we've been asking for rain. Now 2" yesterday, with 2-3" coming in the next 36 hours.

-Butchman

Ole Joe Clarke
11-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Thank God for 2.5" of rain last night and this morning! Looking for more tonight and tomorrow!

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Rick N Bama
11-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Finally last night I had 1.10" with more on tap for tonight. My brother lives in Fayette County GA and at 8:00 this morning he was showing 1.50" and it was still raining. That was his first in 71 days! I guess everyone has seen the news about Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge, it's awful.

johnson1942
11-29-2016, 09:21 PM
you know how you can tell if someone is from western nebraska? if you see some one looking up checking the clouds every few minutes they are from here. thats why we have good irrigation pivots. its dry here but i have a good well and their is plenty of water under the ground here. high plains desert and i never check the clouds, whats the use?

leeggen
11-29-2016, 10:19 PM
WOW we got 1 1/4 inches of rain last night and they are predicting another 1-2 inches tonight. Thank you lord, I know the fire fighters will appreciate it. Thinking of those that evac. yesterday cause of the fire in Gat.
CD

nicholst55
11-29-2016, 10:58 PM
I left Dallas, TX yesterday morning, headed for Atlanta. We made it to Pell City, AL before stopping for the night. It rained from the time we left Dallas until we were about 30 miles west of Meridien, MS. If that storm kept on tracking east, y'all certainly got some rain in Bama last night and today! Having just left Yuma, AZ, I'd forgotten what a good, long, driving rain was like!

mold maker
11-30-2016, 05:23 PM
All the rain we have received in the last several months is still in the 10ths. It still looks as if it's coming, but just never falls.
Thank goodness for the Tenn. firefighters getting some help.
Those folks have suffered a tremendous loss.
Our fires are totally contained and mop-up efforts are underway. The smoke has cleared because of it and wind shift is carrying what's left away.
Say thanks for small miracles, and prey for more.

Ole Joe Clarke
11-30-2016, 07:06 PM
Another 1.1" of precious rain today. No bad weather here. Pray for those folks that were injured and/or lost their homes.

Rick N Bama
11-30-2016, 08:09 PM
3.54" of the wet stuff at my home last night up here in Cullman County AL. We dodged Tornadoes just about all night with lots of damage in the area. Sadly 3 died up in the NE part of the state.

mac60
11-30-2016, 09:01 PM
It rained hard this afternoon for about 10 min. - glad to have it though.

Wise Owl
11-30-2016, 11:45 PM
Very happy to hear you folks in the dry southeast are getting some rain. We went most of the summer and fall with no rain. We started to finally get a bit the last 3 weeks altho it's been in the frozen state most of the time. But temps are going back above freezing and it's soaking into the ground. Our well which went basically dry on Oct 15th is starting to show improvement. (dug well) Going to check it again on the weekend to see if the level is up anymore. Once the ground freezes up we are not thinking it will come up much more till spring so non freezing weather is a blessing as long as we continue to get moisture from God.

Really tired of hauling water into the house from the store and helping the landlady haul it from her truck to our porch.....sigh.

For all those suffering from droughts, you have my prayers. It's awful.

mold maker
12-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Well, ask and ye shall receive. Last night the heavens opened up and we got a frog strangler. About half an hour of as hard a rain as I have ever seen. The wind blew my rain gage away and I haven't seen a total locally, but it has to be over an inch.
Tornadoes to the South did little damage except for downed limbs which took out power lines. There was a tractor trailer blown over, and the usual rain-related wrecks, but nothing major.
We still need lots more.

KenH
12-04-2016, 12:00 PM
Update Dec 4th - FINALLY got rain!!! over 2" this morning. First rain we've had to measure in more days than I like to think. Early in week we had 80% forecast, but got <.2" - just barely enough to say "rain". Today, WE'RE GETTING RAIN!!!!

Ken H>

osteodoc08
12-05-2016, 07:05 PM
We've been getting a nice steady drizzle with intermixed rain in NW GA. The kind that really soaks in and doesn't just run off into the lakes and streams.

Wish i would of had time to thrown out some winter rye. Perhaps I'll get a small window in the next few days.

Ole Joe Clarke
12-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Still raining here this morning. Thank the Lord.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Butchman205
12-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Still raining here this morning. Thank the Lord.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Agreed!

-Butchman

mold maker
12-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Agreed!

-Butchman

Same here.
Slow and steady soaking rain.
Thank God for every drop.

Ole Joe Clarke
12-07-2016, 08:50 AM
We received 5.45" of rain since November 29, for which I thank God every day. The rain has stopped and they are prediction some really cold weather, starting tomorrow.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

richhodg66
12-07-2016, 09:07 AM
I feel for you guys. We had several drought years out here and I swore I'd never gripe about rain again. It was hard this year, though. Poured down rain darn near every day this year, can't remember it ever being so wet.

mold maker
12-07-2016, 12:50 PM
I wondered where our rain went. Which rain dance did you folks do?

Butchman205
12-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Turquoise moccasin with loin cloth dance, with lots of zigzagging to cut the skies open. Works quite well...and I look AWESOME in a loin cloth.

Imagine farmer's tan overweight redneck...in a thong.

-Butchman

Ole Joe Clarke
12-08-2016, 09:30 AM
No rain dance here, lots of prayers though.

mold maker
12-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Finally some colder weather here, guess the loin cloth and thong are out.

Butchman205
12-09-2016, 03:53 PM

Hahaha!
If it starts snowing, you'd have to watch out for....umm...never mind.

-Butchman

yancey
12-09-2016, 08:52 PM

Yes Sir ! It sure was a cold blast working the lines this morning. ( Finally rain then cold)

Ickisrulz
12-19-2016, 08:20 AM
I have been curious. Did the well fill up again?

Ole Joe Clarke
12-19-2016, 10:53 AM
Turquoise moccasin with loin cloth dance, with lots of zigzagging to cut the skies open. Works quite well...and I look AWESOME in a loin cloth.

Imagine farmer's tan overweight redneck...in a thong.

-Butchman

No....... Please........... :)

mold maker
12-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Since it started, it has rained at least twice a week and we're still almost 8" below normal. The temps have been like a roller-coaster and everybody I know has the sniffles.
All in all, it's a normal Fall.
If ya don't like the weather, wait 30 min. and it will change.

Iowa Fox
12-19-2016, 08:38 PM
It was a wet rainy year here in eastern Iowa. Several heavy down pours during the summer caused problems. I saw railroad tracks washed out leaving the rails & ties hanging in mid air, small towns along rivers got hit hard, and Cedar Rapids just barely squeaky by get washed off the map again.