PDA

View Full Version : Not only this web site messed up

tomme boy
11-28-2016, 02:54 AM
Photo Bucket is messed up too. It just puts me into a continuous log in loop. If I log into with Facebook I can see my pics but if I do anything else it goes back to the log in page. Soo we are not the only site with problems.

Over there it shows that I am trying to load "insecure script????" Tried on my phone and tablet and same thing.

lightman
11-28-2016, 09:34 AM
That sucks! I was planning to post up a few pictures today.

dragon813gt
11-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Their app is working fine.

Walkingwolf
11-28-2016, 10:47 AM
If you are using Bluedevil, or similar addition on your browser disable it. My PB page works fine once I do, though I do have those annoying pop ups that they added. Normally Bluedevil blocks sites with popups.

Ithaca Gunner
11-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Photo Bucket is always kind of iffy for me. Sometimes it works well, but most times it's very slow and unpredictable.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-28-2016, 01:05 PM
Photo Bucket is always kind of iffy for me. Sometimes it works well, but most times it's very slow and unpredictable.
That is also my experience with photobucket. I think it has to do with having a "free" account instead of a "paid-for" account. when they have heavy usage, I think the banwidth is given to the paid-for accounts and those of us free-loaders are jammed into the slow lane. That's just my guess. Usually, when I have the photobucket slowness, if I just log-out of the website and do other things...wait an hour, then log back in, it's fine.

Boaz
11-28-2016, 01:16 PM
I used photobucket a long time . What Jon says could be true , popups , ads . All forms of trash there now . It became unusable for me . I just had the free account .
Transferred all my pictures to..Imjur and been happy with it . Easy to access and use .

Ithaca Gunner
11-28-2016, 01:47 PM
That may be what I do too, Boaz. Yes, I'm a free-loader there and find I need to recycle the page often.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-28-2016, 01:51 PM
Sadly, I have way too many photos to transfer out of photobucket, it'd take forever.
I quit trying to use their photo editing, I have the photo edited as needed when I upload, than all I need it to get the correct link for whatever forum I paste them to. I could delete about half of the photos, so it'd be easier for me to search through them, except it just takes too long to do that...so I leave 'em all.

dragon813gt
11-28-2016, 02:13 PM
That is also my experience with photobucket. I think it has to do with having a "free" account instead of a "paid-for" account. when they have heavy usage, I think the banwidth is given to the paid-for accounts and those of us free-loaders are jammed into the slow lane. That's just my guess. Usually, when I have the photobucket slowness, if I just log-out of the website and do other things...wait an hour, then log back in, it's fine.

It's not. I have a paid account and experience the same problems. I have way to many photos linked across forums going back to around 2002. I can't stand old threads w/ dead pics so I'm not switching at this point.

If it wasn't for PB app I wouldn't use them. Their browser interface is horrible. If the app ever tanks I will switch to Flickr. But their app sucks as well. For something so simple no one seems to be able to get it right. I blame the constant need to "improve". Certain things can be left alone.

tomme boy
11-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Still not working. I have the app on my phone and it is doing the same thing

sparky45
11-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Photobucket is working very well for me as a free hosting site since I installed a AdBlocker.

dragon813gt
11-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Still not working. I have the app on my phone and it is doing the same thing

If the app is screwed up contact their support team. I had an issue a few months back where I wasn't able to view my folders let alone upload anything. The app would crash when I clicked on any pic. I forget if it was giving me a script or null error. Either way they got back to me in two hours and had it fixed w/in a day. Some issues only effect individual users.

tomme boy
11-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Yah I already have contacted them. Nothing yet

Ithaca Gunner
11-28-2016, 08:43 PM
So far I like Imgur. It seems to work a lot better than photo bucket.

http://i.imgur.com/nmJKJp1.jpg

dragon813gt
11-28-2016, 08:59 PM
Fixed it for you.

http://i.imgur.com/nmJKJp1.jpg

Ithaca Gunner
11-28-2016, 09:02 PM
What did you do? I see the IMG things are gone. New site will take a little getting used to. Thanks!

dragon813gt
11-28-2016, 09:05 PM
You doubled up the img and /img tags.

Ithaca Gunner
11-28-2016, 10:30 PM
I think I have it figured out from the site, direct&huge thumbnail.

http://i.imgur.com/41oomUkh.jpg

tomme boy
11-28-2016, 10:45 PM
They contacted me and showed me a backdoor way around the log in issue. They said they have known about it for awhile and have their techs working on it.