PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
11-27-2016, 09:01 AM
“So Saul went to Naioth at Ramah. But the Spirit of God came even upon him, and he walked along prophesying until he came to Naioth. He stripped off his robes and also prophesied in Samuel’s presence. He lay that way all that day and night. This is why people say, ‘Is Saul also among the prophets?'” (1 Sam 19:23-24).

Whenever God calls you into a new thing, you can expect to do things you’ve never done. Saul had just been anointed to be the first king of Israel. He was being launched into a whole new calling. He was hanging out with the spiritual leaders of the nation.

When he began to prophesy the prophets wondered if he, too, was a prophet. He was not a prophet but God was doing a new thing through Saul – activating something in him that had been dormant until then.

When God calls you into a new endeavor you will find that God will anoint you in areas you considered your weakest traits. God turns shepherds like Moses into leaders of nations. He turns farmers like Gideon into reformers. He turns impetuous and unstable personalities like Peter into leaders that can transform a culture and lead a movement.

Whenever God does a new thing in a life, those who knew them before notice the change. Quiet people become bold. Poor speakers learn to become great communicators. Those who were never leaders before become the new leaders. This is the way of God.

When God looks at an individual, He looks at their future, not their past. He is always looking at the person He has created you to become, not the person you are now. When Samuel anointed the young shepherd boy, David, to be the next king of Israel, it would be years before this would happen. However, God already knew who he was to become.

How does God view your life? What is the destiny He has chosen you to fulfill?

USMC87
11-27-2016, 09:22 AM
This is an excellent lesson, I can relate as to what GOD has done for me. I would never have dreamed of being a teacher/preacher but GOD had different plans for me and equipped me with all the resources to accomplish HIS plan for me, Amen again for the great start of the day!

Pine Baron
11-27-2016, 09:27 AM
Thank you, rl. I have no idea.

Boaz
11-27-2016, 10:59 AM
Good lesson rl69 . We do not know his exact plan for each of us but it is revealed as we go along . However there are many ....fill in the blank parts left open to us to decide using the freewill he gave us .

Filling in the blanks properly is the hard part .

Blackwater
11-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Another great lesson, with a bit of a challenge. I doubt many of us really know God's plans for us, but with a willing heart and a good spirit, He'll show us the way, step by step if we'll just allow Him to. God's plan seems in many cases, if not most, a gradual unveiling of His plans for us. Step by meticulous step, He leads us. All we really have to do is just follow His leads. I once had plans and aspirations, and indeed, I learned what I wanted and needed to know. But it wasn't to be used as I had wanted, but as God led me. It's very hard for hard-headed types like me to realize this, but He works in increasingly forceful ways, if we make Him. Thank God for all this! Without it, I can't even wonder what this world would be like now!

Thanks for a great message, RL. Your posts here are treasures!

buckwheatpaul
11-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Great points and lesson. I have seen so many people called to do something different....but for some reason they would not accept the challenge. Unhappiness and constant is to some people more comfortable than taking the gamble. Do not be afraid of change and embrace the change unless it is evil and/or illegal. Thanks for the post....Paul