PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Skunk1
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Got to take the daughter out to send some lead down range. She has had this black powder for quite a few months and her finger is finally healed enough to shoot it. Couldn't handle the 45 though, little hurt in the finger on that.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/f8b86b9fd9e75593bbf75eaab7fd1734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mold maker
11-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Impressive young lady. Kudos to Dad.

shoot-n-lead
11-26-2016, 09:22 PM
Impressive young lady. Kudos to Dad.

Good job, Dad!

Skunk1
11-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Unfortunately, she is more like dad than mom. These are the moments I will never forget. She even helped me carry wood to the truck when we were done.

starmac
11-26-2016, 10:32 PM
Nothing at all wrong with a daddys girl, infact they tend to be able to handle themselves better later on when they are confronted with lifes problems head on.

country gent
11-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Both of my Daughters learned to change tires, use basic hand tools, measure, operate small equipment (Lawn mowers skid steers, tractors ) and build things with me. Both have thanked me for it now. Teach her all you can and shell be self sufficent. Much better than having to have help all the time.

Skunk1
11-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Went to college for architecture but never did anything with it. She loves architecture, so I'm hoping she does better with it than I did. I'm a farm kid but she didn't grow up on one though she did go out there with me. She has been an officer for 2 years in the ffa group at school. That was something I never had (ffa).

leeggen
11-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Great pic there dad, you timed that one just right. I love to see pics of the black powder smoke, and that smell I can almost sense it. Great young lady too.
CD

tommag
11-27-2016, 02:15 AM
Great timing on the pic!

Hickok
11-27-2016, 07:33 AM
Both of my Daughters learned to change tires, use basic hand tools, measure, operate small equipment (Lawn mowers skid steers, tractors ) and build things with me. Both have thanked me for it now. Teach her all you can and shell be self sufficent. Much better than having to have help all the time.Same here. My daughter was the first born, so she got treated just like a boy by me. Would throw her in the CJ5 jeep, strap her in and away to the woods we would go.

Today she hunts and fishes, loves carpentry work, and has just a few more years to retire from the military.

Skunk, you raised that beautiful daughter right! Thanks for the post.

OnHoPr
11-28-2016, 01:41 AM
??? Is she left eye dominant sighting with her left eye shooting right handed or is that the recoil that has changed her position along with the guns position?

rodwha
11-28-2016, 01:53 AM
My daughter is half that size but she loves fishing and backpacking, and loves critters despite being pretty girly. She doesn't like the idea of hunting but loves game meats. We would look at the rabbits outside and talk of how tasty they appeared. We shall see... Hope mine at least enjoys shooting with her dad.

retread
11-28-2016, 02:06 AM
Thanks for sharing to picture with us other Dads. Mine just started into shooting recently (she 46). We have done a lot of fishing together but she never was interested in hunting or shooting. Her husband got her out to the range recently and now we have a convert. Called me the other day asking about which pistol I would recommend. I told her I would like her to take a hands on course where she lives before she buys anything. By George she listened and went through the classroom and range program they had there. I can't wait for her next trip down so Dad and daughter can hit the range together. Give her a chance to try several different guns before she takes the plunge.

Skunk1
11-28-2016, 07:41 AM
??? Is she left eye dominant sighting with her left eye shooting right handed or is that the recoil that has changed her position along with the guns position?

She had cataract in one eye when she was young, so she had that laser surgery. Never has been a 100%. She usually shoot left handed but with her finger not quite feeling perfect she wanted to shoot right.

richhodg66
11-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Great young lady, congrats.

I had two sons, no daughters. We did a lot of outdoors stuff, camping, fishing, hunting, etc. Now they're grown, but I'm gonna get my youngest out opening day this week for the first time in years, he shot his .308 yesterday for the first time in a while, still a good shot.

I took on this job teaching JROTC after the Army and have done a lot of good for a lot of girls, I believe. I coached an air rifle team at my last school and most of the best shooters were girls. Where I am now, not so much, but working on it. I'm glad there are Dads bringing up girls to not just be Barbie dolls.

rfd
11-28-2016, 11:34 AM
awesome start on life. wish my daughters took a liking to firearms instead of boys.

skeettx
11-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Well done, well done, keep the saga alive
Mike

kenyerian
11-28-2016, 04:00 PM
Good Job. Paving the way to keep traditions running strong. Someday she will be teaching your Grandchildren to follow in your footsteps.

swathdiver
11-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Teaching our girls what some consider "guy things" is wise as it helps them be a better helpmeet and parent later on. Knowing how to plug and change a tire, brakes, carpentry, etc. gives them wisdom so they will not be ripped off or feel trapped into spending huge amounts of money should their car break down unexpectedly. And the way some of these boys are being reared today, they'll certainly help them gain the confidence required to run a household because their bride makes the hard things look easy.

But they're still little women and the weaker vessel and can get a hernia or injuries from labors that a man might not think twice about. Go easy on them in that respect.