PDA

View Full Version : my two paperpatch inlines are ready for deer hunting season.

johnson1942
11-26-2016, 07:00 PM
just finished sighting in my two inlines. one is a 1/32 twist 50 cal custom inline and the other is a cva optima inline 1/28 twist. the bullet is a swagged by me 540 grain short roundnosed bullet 1.25 long. the powder is 80 grains by volume of blackhorn 209 powder. the wad is 60 thousands thick and a poly wad. the primers are shotgun primers. at 100 yards a hole can be kept ragged. both are scoped with a nine power scope. the wrapped bullet is about .498 diam. easy to load easy to shoot and extremely reliable. i wipe between shots. i did what was recommended recently to me on cast bullets. i sprayed the patches with graphite powder then misted them with a ballistol water mix spray. put them in a bag and use them between shots. these two guns are so accurate with this load that the young people would call it boreing. i call it fun. koger we are ready. matt has his eye on two nice bucks where you and i can hunt. he wants to guide us the first day as he said to me last night, i want to get sam his buck. guys and gals, dont be afraid to paperpatch. idaho ron and the rest of us are here to help you work it all out. i also have a mountain man type side lock gun in 1/28 twist that tack drives this bullet also. its a sleeper. looks like a roundball gun but isnt.

koger
11-26-2016, 09:59 PM
Cant wait to get there Roger! I may end up hunting with your rifle, within Range, just for a hoot! Check your PM's!

johnson1942
11-26-2016, 11:44 PM
sam, my pm/s are not working as many here have the same problem. something weird is going on with cast boolits. just email me, roger