PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!

Ole Joe Clarke
11-24-2016, 08:02 AM
I hope and pray each of you have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving this year. I am thankful for a God that loves me in spite of my failures and shortcomings. I am thankful for a wonderful family that I love dearly, a wonderful wife of 52 years, two beautiful daughters, (they take after their Mom), and their families. Two handsome grandsons that are grown and almost grown.

I am also thankful our Armed Forces that are on the firing line, keeping the enemy at bay, even though they do not receive the support needed from our mis-leaders.
I also am thankful for the men and women in blue that are on the front lines at home, risking their lives daily.

I am also very thankful for answered prayers concerning our last election, and for the opportunity to help turn this nation around and back to God.

God bless the USA again.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving,

Leon

toallmy
11-24-2016, 08:34 AM
Spending time with family , is a blessing please enjoy . Happy Thanksgiving

6bg6ga
11-24-2016, 08:55 AM
I can't improve on what has already been posted in posts #1 and #2. Happy Thanksgiving!

45workhorse
11-24-2016, 09:25 AM
DITTO post#3
Have good THANKSGIVING. Emphasis on thanks.

Blackwater
11-24-2016, 09:33 AM
Ditto here as well. Great post, Joe, and Happy Thanksgiving right back atcha'! Hope all here have a great day in spite of any challenges before you. We won't always have all those who come together on this day, so let's appreciate them now, so later, when they're gone, we won't have to say "Gee, I wish I'd (fill in the blank) before they were gone!" Yesterday's gone and tomorrow's but a dream. Let's do today what we need to do, and not waith "for a better time." Now is the only time we really ever have. Make use of it. Then you'll have no regrets later on.

And if someone brings up politics in an argumentative way, just smile, let it all flow right over you like water off a duck's back, and just smile and give them a hug, and tell them, "We'll talk about that tomorrow. Right now, we are going to enjoy each other despite any differences of opinion we may have on any subject." Then just ask them to say the blessing. What could be more humbling and bring more circumspection than that? It might not be what others might have done, but what that can do is mightier than the floweriest prayer. Sometimes, less truly CAN be "more."

Happy Thanksgiving, and don't let anything or anyone bring you down. It's not what God would want from us or for us.

jcwit
11-24-2016, 10:23 AM
The same wishes to all, from No. Indiana.

May we all be thankful for what the Lord has blessed us with!

Wise Owl
11-24-2016, 11:14 AM
Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving from the two of us up here in Maine !

We are very greatful for our family here at Cast Boolits.

May your day be filled with family and great food and that your favorite ball teams win!

jeepyj
11-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Ole Joe Clarke very well said! I'd like to wish all of my castboolit freinds and family a wonderful day as I stop and pause to reflect how I've have gotten so lucky to have my family here with me and all are safe, sound and healthy.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
jeepyj

Hogdaddy
11-24-2016, 11:44 AM
Happy thanksgiging to all cast boolits & their family ; )
H/D

blackthorn
11-24-2016, 12:15 PM
While our Thanksgiving was in October, Gail and I want to wish all of our US friends a very happy Thanksgiving and many more to come.

lightman
11-24-2016, 12:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!