PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Quigley results???

Angus in Wyoming
06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I know the Quigley shoot just finished last night, but do any of you know how to find the results online? I have tried to find past years results and have not been successful.
I was at the shoot, first time for me, and shot 33 out of 48 with a gun that is two weeks old and brass that showed up on Wednesday. It had never been fired.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Bullshop
06-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Angus ya done good! I understand last year conditions were so bad that I done know if anyone broke 33. Main thing is have fun. So how were the conditions this year?
I shot there one year and on the last target, buffalo for me a storm had blown in and most folks werent hitting the hillside beyond the target.
I recall a couple fellas that were chocking on a big dose of reality that ended the day with a zero score.
I think Linda Clendenin finished first last year. I know her and Butch (mad dog) her husband and that little gal is one hard holder and when she is looking through that sight there is no other world outside of what is in that aperture.
I am also anxious to hear the results. Compeating is out of the question anymore for me with the cost of travel and lack of time to do so, but I still greatly enjoy the sport.
Now I compete with my boys as I teach them. We have unlimited wide open spaces to shoot here in the Ak interior. Jr. is my oldest at 14 years and so far I still have the edge over him in long range but he has way better eyes and when he learns to read the wind he will be one tough customer as well as his younger brothers.
Keep your nose to the wind, and many blessings on ya!
BIC/BS

Angus in Wyoming
06-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Never mind!! I found the results posted on the Shiloh site. I got 60th out of 601. The conditions were not too bad this year. Sat was about 70F and a steady cross wind of about 20mph. I had to shoot the two hardest targets in the wind (800 yd buffalo and 361 yd off hand at a bucket) Sunday was 75+ and little to no wind. I had a ball. I hope you all have as much fun shooting as I did. I shot a 38-55 highwall. I have read several threads where people said that gun is for 200yds. It bucked the wind pretty good. I have a 1:18 twist and shot the lyman 335gr bullet.

Dusty Wheeler
06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Angus-
I didn't shoot nearly as well with an H&R 38-55 at Quigley. I ran out of sight adjustments, shot 240's and just didn't do well. The H&R has a 1:18 twist and I couldn't find any heavier boolits in time to try them. I have some 300's coming but haven't found loading data. Can you steerme in the right direction? Thanks from eastern Idaho.
Dusty

06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Here's a link to the scores/rankings if anyone's interested. Don't know how long the link will last.
http://www.wyomingbpcr.net/Results/08Quigley.htm

nitroproof
07-04-2008, 11:24 PM
601 competitors at the 2008 Quigley!
Too bad it's so far from Pennsylvania.

EDK
07-05-2008, 01:05 AM
This was my fourth year driving from St. Louis MO to the Q. It's the best two weeks of my year going out there, meeting my brother, going to Shiloh Sharps and most of all, visiting with the friends I made there or on various forums.

There's only two rules at the Q: BE SAFE and HAVE FUN.

If you shoot black powder cartridge rifles, you need to go to the Q at least once. My vacation time the rest of the year may not be much, but the Q is the high point. Like Wilford Brimley said, "I ain't much of a rifle shot," but I have a good time and that's what it's all about.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire: