PDA

View Full Version : ? about S&S section

tomme boy
11-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Why are vendors allowed to sell in the regular section when they have their own for sale section? It seems to just clutter up the regular section. :confused::confused::confused:

rancher1913
11-19-2016, 08:35 PM
not as much traffic there and they are paying so its ok in my book.

shooterg
11-19-2016, 10:14 PM
Saves me scouting 2 sections insteada one !

runfiverun
11-19-2016, 10:20 PM
the vendor status is to allow them to have more than the normal amount of stuff and posts.

southpaw
11-19-2016, 10:38 PM
They pay extra so they can have a page of their own and so they can post more in the selling section. They are not ones that are hitting up the yard sales and selling what they don't want, but the ones that actually have something to offer. The way I understand it, its not as easy as giving x amount of dollars and you are a vendor sponsor. I could complain about many things on this site but this is not one of them.

The clutter comes from being able to post on the for sale adds. I am on another site (trapperman) that does not allow you to post on the adds. You need to send a pm. 3 bumps in month and the thread is locked. Lots of stuff for sale there and you don't see the same thread as new 10 times a day. Just my nickles worth, but I like that.

Jerry Jr.

tomme boy
11-19-2016, 11:23 PM
I understand the amount of post issue and the time frame to be able to post an add. But there are times that some people are told they need to have a dealer account and they are not a dealer. I have been told in the past that if I sold any more brass that I would have to become a dealer.

Its just something I have noticed in the last year or so. The dealers seemed to stay in the dealer section. And when they started to post in the regular section is when the rules started to get harsher. I can see the post count and meaningful post to stop people that come here just for the # of people on here to sell their stuff to.

As this website ages I see the rules change from time to time and it is usually always for the good. I am really GLAD that management softened up on the # of items and # of times a month a person can have. I got nailed a couple times because I forgot or did not see the new rule changes early in this year. My ads were pulled and put under review. No1 eventually approved them as it seems he has a soft spot for people in need that are in a medical hard spot.

Thank you No1!

reddog81
11-20-2016, 11:58 AM
I never visit the vendor section and visit the regular S&S section regularly. The vendors are some of the best people to buy from. I'd be upset if they couldn't post there. The vendor sponsor page is a hodgepodge of outdated posts and hard to navigate.

runfiverun
11-20-2016, 12:07 PM
it is a bit confusing in there.
but the VS section is run by the vendors themselves.
they moderate their own 'threads' like each one is a sub section.
so if a page is kept up, or not kept up, it is on the VS to do so.