PDA

View Full Version : classified issue

txkeeter
11-16-2016, 09:31 AM
bought some brass on 10/10 /16 sent funds on 10/26/ 16 seller replied to my pm that my money order had been received has not replied to 3 pms have not received brass ,do i post seller name as deadbeat?

LUCKYDAWG13
11-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Life happens things come up I would give a little more time

rancher1913
11-16-2016, 09:54 AM
took 16 days to get funds there, has it been 16 days since his last pm. give it a little time and have some faith before rushing to conclusion.

Skinny
11-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Yeah, i would give it a couple more days .....at the least.

Like luckydawg says; stuff happens, life gets in the way sometimes....

KAF
11-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Why not have each others contact info, such as phone# email instead of using pm's. Then a call or email would solve the problem jmho.

txkeeter
11-16-2016, 12:24 PM
did not take 16 days to get funds there pm ed after 16 days to see if funds had ben recieved

white eagle
11-16-2016, 05:37 PM
yeah not sure but know how you feel
once funds arrive its not to the seller convenience to mail out
they have made a contract with the buyer and it should be handled,shipped
as soon as the monies reach the seller IMO

tomme boy
11-16-2016, 09:00 PM
I usually ALWAYS ship same day I get funds. Unless mail arrives on Sat. usually about 4pm and PO is closed. Then it is first thing Monday morning.

BrassMagnet
11-16-2016, 09:26 PM
I usually ALWAYS ship same day I get funds. Unless mail arrives on Sat. usually about 4pm and PO is closed. Then it is first thing Monday morning.

Many of us work a schedule which only allows one Post Office visit per week.

tomme boy
11-17-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm just saying how I do it. I never had anyone complain about me shipping too fast .

Tackleberry41
11-17-2016, 12:30 PM
16 days to even bother to say he got the money, and now 20 days to not ship the brass, and ignoring your PM. Thats not 'life happens' thats just being a deadbeat.

Tho the seller would probably have a very different version of events. I had a falling with a guy not long ago. Just a chronic procrastinator. Anything he agreed to do, either never got done or took way to long and ended up with him being mad for you 'not having any patience'. He worked at bass pro, said he could get me a deal on a bow. So I gave him $250, told him what I wanted. Well several weeks went by, so I asked hes 'working on it'. Weeks became several months, now I was 'pestering him'. Then I was a complete jerk when after 6 mo I said just give the money back and Ill buy one myself. I just 'have no patience'. Tho if things are reversed and you owe him money, its daily him riding you about whats owed. I had a good laugh not long ago when he got 'Johned'. Took his truck in for a lift, and then got blown off for a long time, mad when the guy he went thru just took off to do his own thing and didnt care if John got his truck fixed. He did not think it funny when I told him he 'has no patience'.

ShooterAZ
11-17-2016, 02:13 PM
Personally, I would contact a Moderator at this point. Sadly, they shouldn't have to be involved in these sorts of things. Hope you get things squared away so no one has to be put on the "deadbeat" list over a few pieces of brass.

snowwolfe
11-17-2016, 08:20 PM
If the other person has posted here without answering your PM's then its time to rat his cheatin self out.

DerekP Houston
11-17-2016, 08:23 PM
If the other person has posted here without answering your PM's then its time to rat his cheatin self out.

not really super difficult to find out, just look at the OP post history.

jsizemore
11-17-2016, 08:51 PM
If the individual is still visiting the site, then I'd contact No.1 or a Mod and get them up to speed on the situation. The individual may take advantage of somebody else.

txkeeter
11-17-2016, 10:43 PM
I have contacted no 1

kmw1954
11-18-2016, 11:12 AM
A few months ago I ran into a deal on Armslist. A guy locally was selling a unopened box of Berry's Bullets so I contacted him and worked out a price and a pickup. For a month this guy kept blowing me off, every time we'd set it up he'd later would email me back that something came up. I finally just gave up.

Hope you get yours worked out.