PDA

View Full Version : Sitting in the stand thinking how no worries of losing my guns for a few more years

Smoke4320
11-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Now not to say we still don't have to continue the fight but some of the immediate pressure is off
Hope to nail one this morning with a marlin 45/70 and noe copy of the RCBS 300

OS OK
11-12-2016, 08:25 AM
Are you in the stand right now fooling around with the iPhone?

Texas by God
11-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Are you in the stand right now fooling around with the iPhone?

Haha I do it too. Took the place of the gun magazines. Look around every minute or so. Reading this from the front porch right now(watching the feeder 250 yards away) gonna go still hunt the creek bottom before farm work today. Thank God the Clintons were defeated! Best, Thomas.

BUCKEYE BANDIT
11-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Stacking firewood for next winter and came in to get coffee,was thinking the same thing these last few days.

The oldest boy is in his stand I'm sure,been working with him on his 45/70 and casting a NOE 405.

Just hope (pray) these protests run their course with no one hurt.

square butte
11-12-2016, 09:25 AM
Time will tell - But it does feel like we have a bit more breathing room right at the minute. I sleep with one eye open...

dragon813gt
11-12-2016, 09:33 AM
Look at it as a two year breather. But Obama can still attempt to do damage. And the mid terms can change the power in the house and senate. There needs to be a strong push for ProGun legislation that can't be repealed. This needs to happen at the state level as well. Specifically when it comes to lead bullet bans.

Smoke4320
11-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Well don't have an IPhone but did get a 130-140LB 4 pointer
First with this gun
DRT hi shoulder shot entrance.. Top of Left shoulder blade exit

this evening it will be a Rossi 38/357 carbine or a DP-12 double barrel pump

richhodg66
11-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Trump is at least saying the right things, not sure I trust him completely not to turn.

I sure trust him a lot more than the Hildabeast. Another thing I trust him to do is appoint better supreme court justices than her, which will probably be the most important thing he does as POTUS.

I am more hopeful lately.

Also, I can't seem to read or do anything else distracting on a tree stand. Spent all day on one today, watching the deer and little song birds and squirrels keeps my mind busy. Never was bored.

Powder Burn
11-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Squirrels always sound like a 30 point buck coming directly at you. And each time it happens I swear I will not be fooled again..until the next squirrel shows up. Keeps you alert. After 30 years of deer hunting, it seems I have to climb down out of my stand at noon to take a snoozer. Then I'm ready for more action. But yes, I thank my lucky stars (and lots of other things), for the events on Nov 8th. It was a nice birthday present.

CITYREPO61
11-12-2016, 10:41 PM
We can hope and pray he keeps some of his promises.

dragon813gt
11-12-2016, 11:23 PM
After 30 years of deer hunting, it seems I have to climb down out of my stand at noon to take a snoozer.

You get out of your stand to sleep? They're just like an airplane to me. No matter what I can't stay awake. Which is why I prefer early season archery. I get lots of good sleep when it's warm out. Come rifle season I wake up shivering if I fall asleep :laugh:

ammohead
11-13-2016, 12:12 AM
The NRA usually waits until October to endorse a candidate for president. They endorsed Trump in May. They will hold his feet to the fire on gun issues. And I believe that it won't take much effort.

popper
11-13-2016, 05:33 PM
maybe I gotta move back to ks. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/11/13/hunting-fishing-recognized-constitutional-rights-kansas-indiana/
AND open carry!

irishtoo
11-13-2016, 06:43 PM
i agree with you. i think we can take a breath now. we are good for awhile, but the "mass shootings" have to stop. if not, i fear a backlash of angry antigunners looking to punish us. i do not advocate gun control, quite the opposite. i bet all of you have had conversations with people who have no knowledge or experience with firearms. what information they have is so wrong it is laughable, but they vote. teach, offer to take them to the range and start them slow and light. start now, cause in 4 years it starts again. i have no answers to end the shootings. they greatly distress me, as the do all of you. i wish i had the solution, but i do not. irishtoo

starmac
11-13-2016, 09:43 PM
I was never worried that Hillary would take my guns, but was worried about future generations just being able to obtain them and carry on the fight.