PDA

View Full Version : NEI gaz check

canuck4570
06-12-2008, 02:51 PM
wich gator gaz check should I use for my NEI mold that cast bullet with a gaz check shank of .466 I am asking this for the reason that if I go on the gator gaz check site they give the dimension for the 500. sw shank is .458 max and just below it give for .512 rifle shank diameter max .466 .... and if I have to buy .466 gaz check could you tell me or warn me when the next groupe buy or can I order direct from gator... Canuck

Blammer
06-12-2008, 09:17 PM
you can order direct from gator if you want.

I happen to have some of his 50 cal GC's in hand and measured them.

You will be hard pressed to get a .466 bullet into one as the biggest opening I could measure on a 50 cal one was .463

You may have to go the ball bearing route and "widen" them a bit to make it work.

canuck4570
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
you can order direct from gator if you want.

I happen to have some of his 50 cal GC's in hand and measured them.

You will be hard pressed to get a .466 bullet into one as the biggest opening I could measure on a 50 cal one was .463

You may have to go the ball bearing route and "widen" them a bit to make it work.
Last night I opened the hornady gaz check with the end of a 31/64 drill (chuck end) and the opened jus wright and I ca tell you the gaz check are tight very tight on the bullet.... could you explaine me the ball bearing system... Has I figured it you get a bearint of the right diameter and pres it on the gaz check or you tap it or?.... thanks

Blammer
06-14-2008, 10:05 PM
yep ,get a steel ball bearing about bigger than you're gc, tap it on the GC to "flair" out the GC.