PDA

View Full Version : Mauser actions

Denver
10-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Was browsing looking for Mauser actions and other goodies and ran across Sarco's website. They have several variations and at what I thought were good prices. They have Yugo 98 actions at about $70 and 93 actions for $30 or so. I'm thinking of picking up a couple for future projects. Anyone here bought/used any of these?

mike in co
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
sarco has complete 98 preduce rebuilds for 100.......( one of the two i bought was a "new unfired" rebuild...so nice for a 100 bucks)

Buckshot
10-31-2005, 11:01 PM
............If those small rings are complete at $30 a pop that is a stone steal. Maybe 7-8 years ago when I still had my FFL, Century sent out a flyer and one of the offerings were 1894 Brazilian (SR, milled for sq chin bolt, no thumb cut) actions, stripped at $4.95 each or 7 for $25. So a buddy and I bought 14 of'em.

We trashed a couple that were just pitted under the wood line pretty bad, but the other 12 were useable with minor pitting here and there, not bad. A few were perfect. Buying the parts from Springfield Sporters to complete them brought the cost up to $70 each. We did have a few people ask us why not just buy Turk M38's as they were selling at $49 each (complete rifles) at the time. The simple answer was, no paperwork tagging along with the Brazilians.

Since then I've used 3 of mine to built a 35 Rem, a 7.62x39 , and sectioned one out to shorten it up for a 45 ACP (unfinished as of now).

If you have the cash and can swing it, I'd suggest laying a few aside. I doubt there'll be just a whole lot more offered in the years to come.

.............Buckshot

Denver
10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
............If those small rings are complete at $30 a pop that is a stone steal. Maybe 7-8 years ago when I still had my FFL, Century sent out a flyer and one of the offerings were 1894 Brazilian (SR, milled for sq chin bolt, no thumb cut) actions, stripped at $4.95 each or 7 for $25. So a buddy and I bought 14 of'em.

We trashed a couple that were just pitted under the wood line pretty bad, but the other 12 were useable with minor pitting here and there, not bad. A few were perfect. Buying the parts from Springfield Sporters to complete them brought the cost up to $70 each. We did have a few people ask us why not just buy Turk M38's as they were selling at $49 each (complete rifles) at the time. The simple answer was, no paperwork tagging along with the Brazilians.

Since then I've used 3 of mine to built a 35 Rem, a 7.62x39 , and sectioned one out to shorten it up for a 45 ACP (unfinished as of now).

If you have the cash and can swing it, I'd suggest laying a few aside. I doubt there'll be just a whole lot more offered in the years to come.

.............Buckshot

Buckshot,

From the info they have on their site (www.sarcoinc.com), the 93 actions are complete for that price. They have M48 Yugo short actions @$69.95 or 3 for $199.95 in VG cond. Also list one as post 98 Brazillian M1894 in VG cond. for $39.50. No pics of any but the M48.

My problem is the dealer I was using for transfers quit and I've got to try to find someone else. Maybe get a C&R license??

No doubt your right about these getting harder to find in the near future, at least at these prices. You may want to check it out if you haven't already.