PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for today

Boaz
10-29-2016, 06:43 AM
Lord there are those who have lost friends and family this week . Though they be with you and beyond the pain and trouble of this world they will be missed . Be with them that grieve and fill the empty space in their life of a loved one .
There are those with sickness , infirmity's and troubled minds . Please provide the healing needed to give them relief .

Be with each of us to guide according to your will . Give us the patience , knowledge and strength to accomplish your work . Show us the needs of each other to help and give encouragement . Thank you for another day to be with those we love , help us make the most of it . Amen

USMC87
10-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Amen Charlie.

square butte
10-29-2016, 08:14 AM
Thank You and Amen

Preacher Jim
10-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Lord grant this prayer be answered
Amen

Pine Baron
10-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Support and encouragement. That's what it's all about. Thanks, Boaz!

Blackwater
10-30-2016, 07:14 AM
Amen.

buckwheatpaul
10-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Amen Charlie.....patience is one thing I wrestle with.....Paul

dominic135
10-30-2016, 11:18 PM
Isn't that the AA prayer? I worked for a man who'd been going to AA for more than 25 years. He was one of the kindest people I've ever met. He had the prayer engraved on his Zippo lighter.
God grant me:
The Courage to change the things I can,
The Strength to accept the things I can't,
And the Wisdom to know the difference!
That prayer has stayed with me for more than 30 years! Not sure if I have them in the right order, but then again I don't think that matters to Him.

Boaz
10-31-2016, 07:48 AM
You speak of the ...Serenity Prayer . It's a good prayer !

Blackwater
10-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Yep. The Serenity Prayer. And I've remembered it a bunch of times in my life, though I'm not an alcoholic. There's much wisdom in it and it's a great attitude adjuster for anyone who's going through a test or trial. And attitude is probably the biggest determinant of our actions than anything else. If we get our attitudes straight, our paths generally follow. Hard to do when you're up to your armpits in alligators, but .... always worth it. Always.