PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please for Family and Friends

1989toddm
10-27-2016, 05:01 PM
http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/state/washington/article110770447.html

A good friend was shot and killed last night while driving home. Was the most upbeat and joyful kid I've ever known! He would call up and say "Can I stop by to hang out this afternoon?" And would spend hours in conversation over coffee. Tragic for many people but pray also for the shooter, he has been arrested. I pray he sees Jesus somehow through this.
Trae was a born again believer and could never stay in one place very long, always traveling, a good example of just how alien we really are to this world. Our home is in Heaven!

Thank you.
Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckwheatpaul
10-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Father, I come to You to ask for comfort and understanding for the family of Trae. Father, Trae is with You now and many will wonder why such a young person can be called home. You alone know why and I implore that You comfort his family and friends as they go through the grieving process. AMEN

Blackwater
10-28-2016, 07:35 AM
Gee whiz, Todd! This is hard to hear! This world has gone flat out crazy in so many instances now. We lost a very fine young man recently here, too. He was a tremendous Christian and had been working for many years to become the kind of man Christ would approve of. And now, he's gone. I can't help but remember a line from my eldest aunt's funeral. She was a saint in so many ways! The preacher arose and took the dias, and stood silent for a long moment. Then he looked up and said, "On Tuesday, our Lord reached down His mighty hand, and plucked a rose." I have remembered that line a number of times along my own way. Sounds like it applies to your friend as well. God be with all of this man's family and friends, who loved him, and bring the peace that comes with knowing this is a time to celebrate his life, even if his being plucked from among us leaves us so saddened and so challenged to take up the place he's left empty now. Over time, we all form a chain, and we all HAVE to fill some mighty big shoes along the way sometimes. The loss is heavy, but the fruit of his life has to be carried on within us all. Blessed be the name of the Lord. Amen.

USMC87
10-28-2016, 08:14 AM
Prayers for the family and friends of Trae.

1989toddm
10-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Thank you Brothers, you never fail to support and encourage. Truly, we do all carry on the legacy of those taken from us.

Pine Baron
10-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Father, I come to You to ask for comfort and understanding for the family of Trae. Father, Trae is with You now and many will wonder why such a young person can be called home. You alone know why and I implore that You comfort his family and friends as they go through the grieving process. AMEN

My heart is broken. Amen

Boaz
10-28-2016, 12:22 PM
1989toddm my sincere condolences for your loss of a good friend . Taken so young and in a senseless way . But we know he had faith in his Lord , he is with him now . Peace be with all concerned in his salvation .

Lord be with all that loved him to provide for their needs during this tragic loss . Comfort and strengthen them , be near to them Lord . Be with us as we pray for their grief to be turned to good remembrances of him and the part he played in their life . I ask in Jesus name . Amen

1989toddm
10-28-2016, 11:33 PM
My wife said I ought to also inform you of the other young man that died here recently.
His name was Vitaly Prishko. He was a Russian, also a strong believer in Jesus Christ, and certainly lived life to the fullest. 24 years old. About to start dating the girl he loved, and almost certainly would have married her. (Her father had asked them to wait) Now her father is struggling because of his keeping them from dating. He was killed in a head-on collision. Over 1400 people at his funeral, bringing two different cultures together that never would have united any other way. All joined in song, grieving, praise, and worship, Russian and American both. I don't claim to understand the seemingly unnecessary pain being caused, but I will say, both young men were used by God, and both of their deaths are a testimony of the unitedness believers can have when the man-made rules are diminished in importance by our common denominator: Christ.

1989toddm
10-28-2016, 11:34 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrPaWj0gRU

Boaz
10-29-2016, 05:47 AM
Watched most of this service . He must truly have been a good man to draw so many to gather in his honor of his passing . Our Lord's love and the commitment to unite by these is a living testimonial to faith , service and belief in him . Thank you for posting it .

tankgunner59
10-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Can't watch the service, I'm truly sorry. We lost my mom in May and it's still hard to see a service for anyone. I'm sorry for Trae, he's in the hands of the Master now so be happy for him. Don't mourn, but celebrate his short life. This old world is cruel and it gets worse by the day.
Lord please bless the friends and family of Trae and give them the peace that passes all understanding as only you can. Also Lord put your great hand on the person who shot Trae and please bring him to a knowing relationship with You. In Jesus precious name, Amen.

jcren
10-29-2016, 05:54 PM
Prayers sent

1989toddm
10-29-2016, 06:22 PM
Truly, we are rejoicing for him. His father's comment to the coroner was "Yes it's hard and we miss him but we are so happy, it's exactly where Jesus wants him and where Trae wants to be."

str8wal
10-30-2016, 11:42 AM
How tragic. Prayers for all concerned.

1989toddm
10-31-2016, 05:02 PM
3rd death in 3 weeks in our church family today. Elderly gentleman had a heart attack. His wife had a stroke last year and was depending 100% on him. Now family will have to step in even more. What is God doing? Even as I ask that, I know the answer. He is simply calling His dear children home. This gentleman was another loving, caring man who would talk your leg and both arms off if you allowed it. To the point of annoying, but we all realized he would be around forever and so we listened. And we learned from his example to invest, invest, Invest! In others lives. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.

1989toddm
10-31-2016, 05:05 PM
For any who want to see or watch testimonies, funeral service of the young man who was killed Wednesday, who is the reason I started this thread, search for In Loving Memory of Trae Oyler on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/In-Loving-Memory-of-Trae-Oyler-1069160299868734/

Blackwater
10-31-2016, 05:42 PM
Most funerals are just sad, but for those who've really striven to stand up for God and all that's right, they're tributes, and celebrations of their lives. My eldest aunt's was the first of that last type I'd ever seen, and there've been some more. Our legacies we leave behind us are one of the measures of how much we've meant to those around us. And those who get these kinds of funerals are the greatest blessings those of us left behind can know. It truly helps the grieving process that's only natural because of the big hole in our lives their presence leaves behind, due to their not being here physically any more. It's also a reminder for us who are left behind to do our best to fill those big ol' shoes they've left behind. It's the greatest honor we can pay them to at least try our best to do that, even if it takes several of us to come close. These are the people who bless our lives SO greatly. Y'all don't forget to be glad you had him as long as you did. Folks like that are a special blessing that not all of us get in this life.

WRideout
11-01-2016, 06:19 AM
We cannot know what God's plans are; we can only trust that His word is true. Peace of Christ be with you and your family, Todd.

Wayne