PDA

View Full Version : This guy is just evil

xs11jack
10-26-2016, 11:38 PM
http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/That_Took_Some_Dedication.jpg

leftiye
10-27-2016, 06:02 AM
Fair is fair. (sell my car for 50 dollars will you?)

Wayne Smith
10-27-2016, 07:29 AM
And arguably committed fraud to do so.

Hickory
10-27-2016, 07:57 AM
I don't know if the guy is evil, or for that matter the character of the woman either.
Interesting though.

Ballistics in Scotland
10-27-2016, 08:20 AM
Well assuming that he hasn't died or suffered amnesia, if she is evil that would make two of them evil. Li bke a virus this is a situation in which a trouble shared is not a troubled halved. Leaving a newly bought junk car in an airport carpark for four years, when she very likely had a car, is quite an unusual thing to do. In the absence of evidence that she was the purchaser or driver, I can't imagine her being unable to get out of it.

Ickisrulz
10-27-2016, 08:28 AM
This story sounds like yet another internet hoax. The car would have been towed away after a certain period. Airports, parking lots and highways do not ignore abandoned cars. They have them removed.

If this isn't a hoax, the Chicago government has even more problems than we are hearing about and should be disbanded.

Ballistics in Scotland
10-27-2016, 09:59 AM
This story sounds like yet another internet hoax. The car would have been towed away after a certain period. Airports, parking lots and highways do not ignore abandoned cars. They have them removed.

If this isn't a hoax, the Chicago government has even more problems than we are hearing about and should be disbanded.

You may be right about the hoax. In airports I have seen where they overlook cars long-term, they don't clean them. I dare say the man, or whatever you class him as, would be wary of a location that uses camera identification, too.

Having your parking contractor fail to notice a car doesn't seem much of a reason for disbanding a government. Suppose the Founding Fathers had done it? They were busy men, and probably had a living to earn.

Ickisrulz
10-27-2016, 10:44 AM
You may be right about the hoax. In airports I have seen where they overlook cars long-term, they don't clean them. I dare say the man, or whatever you class him as, would be wary of a location that uses camera identification, too.

Having your parking contractor fail to notice a car doesn't seem much of a reason for disbanding a government. Suppose the Founding Fathers had done it? They were busy men, and probably had a living to earn.

Failed to notice a car...for 3+ years? They certainly noticed it enough to write tickets.

Assuming this is a true story, those responsible did one of two things. They failed to follow procedures which would have towed the abandoned car because they were incompetent or they were trying to generate funds for the local government. So we have incompetence or intentional fleecing of the taxpayer. Maybe we have both.

I was being a bit sarcastic when I said disband the Chicago government. But if they can't manage parking properly, what would you feel comfortable with them managing?

runfiverun
10-27-2016, 11:09 AM
wellllll,,,,,,,, they certainly have gun control well in hand.

Geezer in NH
10-27-2016, 11:24 AM
I wonder why her body wasn't found in the trunk.

Ole Joe Clarke
10-27-2016, 11:37 AM
I think runfiverun has this one figured out. :-)

Bad Water Bill
10-27-2016, 11:37 AM
I wonder why her body wasn't found in the trunk.

Come on this is Chiraq you are talking about.

She is probably resting ON THE BOTTOM of Lake Michigan wearing 2 nice new 5 gallon buckets filled with quick setting concrete.

Ballistics in Scotland
10-27-2016, 12:07 PM
But if they can't manage parking properly, what would you feel comfortable with them managing?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with that employee running a carpark. Maybe he was watching for it reaching the police auction. But how many times have I seen the government heatedly defended for the acts of much worse rogue employees or contractors?

Ickisrulz
10-27-2016, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't feel comfortable with that employee running a carpark. Maybe he was watching for it reaching the police auction. But how many times have I seen the government heatedly defended for the acts of much worse rogue employees or contractors?

OK...what is working well in Chicago?

Subordinate behavior usually says something about the leadership. This is why when there is a problem we change leaders rather than the entire worker bee corps.

FISH4BUGS
10-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Reminds me of the Sam Kennison comedy routine where his girlfriend (who was very pissed off at him) volunteered to pack his carry on bag for the airport. He thought "...well maybe she isn't all THAT bad after all".....
She tucked a 38 in the way down corner of the bag. Needless to say when he showed up at the airport to go through security.......

Hardcast416taylor
10-27-2016, 04:20 PM
He must have traveled alot, yeah sure!Robert

starmac
10-27-2016, 09:09 PM
It may very well be an internet hoax, but not the first time I have read of similar airport dealings in Chitown. A couple of years a stolen car was abandoned at the airport, and nary a word for several years until they were trying to collect from the rightfull owner for all the parking fees.

Some of the remote airports in Alaska do not have vehicles towed. If you go to the airport in Prudoe, you can see vehicles sitting on all flats that have been there over a year. I ask about them and was told that sometimes natives flew to los anchorage and wound up in jail or for some other reason didn't get back till the iceroads had gone away so they couldn't drive home, so they just left them another year. lol

Bad Water Bill
10-27-2016, 10:02 PM
Not quite Chirac but my old boss had his son's car stolen and reported to the police in Gary In.

About 6 months later the Gary police showed up at his door to collect on the OUTSTANDING parking tickets that the stolen car had collected.

Yes a ticket for each day since the car was stolen.

Tackleberry41
10-28-2016, 08:33 AM
People sure expect alot from the not so well paid people who work at the airport. Is it really that hard to believe they would simply ignore a car that long? Not like they patrol the lot and keep track of every car. Maybe one of the workers noticed, but didnt care 'not their job'. The city probably doesnt care, just keep piling up those tickets.

Who knows maybe the woman deserves it. No telling what she might have done to him. Theres bad ex's from both genders. I have been at war with my ex for the last year. So far its cost $4000 to a lawyer. Theres no being reasonable with her, she told me she hates me. Its small piddly stuff. She sold her house, never bothered to say anything, 'why do I need to know'. Um I have custody of our son, and probably should know where he is when he visits her. So she gave an address, a made up one. Shes living in a hotel right now, so pretty easy to just take off. She simply doesnt want to pay a lawyer to try and get custody, so figures to irritate me into signing him over. If I could park a car in her name at the airport, I would.

NavyVet1959
10-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Of course, it's also possible that he could periodically move it around the airport parking lot without ever leaving the lot so that it would not appear abandoned.

Ickisrulz
10-28-2016, 11:34 AM
People sure expect alot from the not so well paid people who work at the airport. Is it really that hard to believe they would simply ignore a car that long? Not like they patrol the lot and keep track of every car. Maybe one of the workers noticed, but didnt care 'not their job'. The city probably doesnt care, just keep piling up those tickets.

They didn't ignore the car. They kept ticketing it. It should have been towed after the first 30 days if the stories are to be believed. Someone didn't do the job they agreed to do. I don't know about you, but I think that people should perform the duties they agreed to accomplished when they took the job. This is especially true when my money is involved, like when I go to a restaurant or when it comes to government employees or government contractors.

NavyVet1959
10-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Apparently, it was settled 3 years ago...

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130822/ohare/city-settles-100000-parking-ticket-case

City Settles $100,000 Parking Ticket Case: 'It was a Nightmare'

O'HARE — Jennifer Fitzgerald's parking ticket nightmare is over.

The City of Chicago recently agreed to drop more than $100,000 in parking ticket fines on a car registered in Fitzgerald's name that racked up a record 678 tickets, said Law Department spokesman Roderick Drew.

The agreement to reduce the final parking ticket bill to $4,470 was signed just more than a week ago.

Robin Omahana, the attorney representing Fitzgerald, said his client is happy with the resolution.

"She's very grateful it's all over," Omahana said. "She's pleased we got the city down to just 4 percent of their total claim."
Fitzgerald rose to the top spot on Chicago's parking ticket scofflaw list after her ex-boyfriend, Brandon Preveau, abandoned a car registered in her name (http://theexpiredmeter.com/2012/11/automobile-sets-all-time-record-for-chicago-parking-tickets/)in an O'Hare Airport parking lot in 2009.

She said she was unable to retrieve the car from the lot, where it racked up the 678 parking tickets totaling more than $106,000 while parked in the same spot for 2½ years. The car finally was towed from the lot by the city in April 2012.

Fitzgerald, an unemployed single mother, was overwhelmed by the onslaught of violation notices the city mailed to her. Without the ability to pay and her driver's license revoked because of the tickets, she secured the free legal help of Omahana, who filed a lawsuit against the city and her ex-boyfriend late last fall.The car that amassed $106,000 in Chicago parking tickets sits in the O'Hare Airport auto pound last November.

"It was a nightmare for her until I got involved," Omahana said. "I thought it would just be writing a couple of letters and making a few a few phone calls. Before I filed the lawsuit, the city would not budge off the $106,000. They were taking a hard line."

The lawsuit contended Preveau had bought the Chevrolet Monte Carlo in 2008 from Fitzgerald's uncle for $600 but registered the car with the Illinois Secretary of State under her name without her knowledge. The complaint said Preveau was the owner and should be responsible for the six-figure sum.

Omahana also argued, based on municipal code, that the city should have towed the car years earlier and that only a fraction of the tickets issued were written legitimately.

Omahana said he thinks when the details he laid out in his complaint were made public, the city became more open to negotiation.

"They had a little egg on their face with writing so many tickets on one car," Omahana said.

Indeed, before the case had its first hearing in front of a judge, lawyers for the city tried to strike a deal with Fitzgerald (http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130410/ohare/city-offers-drop-record-100000-parking-fine-just-2500#ixzz2Q5z99PmS) for less than $5,000. The problem for the jobless Fitzgerald was coming up with a down payment, a situation that she said prevented her from accepting the city's heavily discounted settlement.

When Fitzgerald's lawsuit came before Cook County Circuit Judge Thomas Allen in April, he dismissed the case (http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130410/ohare/city-offers-drop-record-100000-parking-fine-just-2500#ixzz2Q5z99PmS)but allowed Omahana to file an amended suit.

Negotiations between the city and attorneys for Fitzgerald and Preveau began anew over the summer, with Allen stepping in at one point, according to both Omahana and the city.

The agreement to settle the case for $4,470 had a bit of creative financing behind it. Preveau agreed to pay the $1,600 down payment necessary to initiate a payment plan, and Fitzgerald is required to make monthly payments of $78 for three years.

"She couldn't afford a down payment, so he paid the down payment," Omahana said. "He was dragged kicking and screaming into paying anything."

"When that's completed she can get her driver's license back and move on," Drew said.

Preveau's attorney, Matthew Prengaman, said his client is relieved the ordeal is over.

"I think he's glad to have it behind him," Prengaman said. "I don't think he was happy about having to pay. But he sees the logic behind settling the case."

The alternative, Prengaman said, was to pay "me two or three times that [settlement] amount to continue to fight."

"I was extremely confident my client would be victorious. He felt it was in his best interest to settle the case," he said.

NavyVet1959
10-28-2016, 12:14 PM
Apparently, their parking is a bit different than any of the airports that I've ever left a car at for any length of time. My experience is that you pull a ticket when you enter the parking lot, leave the car there for as long as you want, and then pay the ticket when you leave. I seldom leave a car for more than two weeks. Anything more than that and it is usually cheaper to hire one of the airport shuttles to pick me up from my house and take me home after the trip.

Ickisrulz
10-28-2016, 12:33 PM
Apparently, it was settled 3 years ago...

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130822/ohare/city-settles-100000-parking-ticket-case

After reading that mess....I will go back to my idea that the Chicago government should be disbanded.

Tackleberry41
10-28-2016, 01:24 PM
They didn't ignore the car. They kept ticketing it. It should have been towed after the first 30 days if the stories are to be believed. Someone didn't do the job they agreed to do. I don't know about you, but I think that people should perform the duties they agreed to accomplished when they took the job. This is especially true when my money is involved, like when I go to a restaurant or when it comes to government employees or government contractors.

Yes very true, but reality is seldom that way. I have found people working for the county or state to be the laziest people ever. Anything to avoid work. When I moved to KY, the property I bought needed an address. Took 6 weeks and finally threats to get the woman to do her job. She acted like it was a major chore. Drive out there, stop at the end of the driveway, push a button on the GPS and drive back to the office. Always had an excuse about why it wasnt done. Recently I had to go deal with the child support office here in TN. Guess I did well to avoid such a place for so long, and Im not paying but the ex. I thought the VA was slow. This place took the cake, I would imagine they get paid pretty well. Would not imagine Chicago is any better. If some over paid city worker can just stick another ticket on the car vs doing whatever paperwork required, they will do it. The parking lot is probably under some outside contract, they will pay as little as possible, you get what you pay for. Hard to expect $15hr work for $8hr.

Ickisrulz
10-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Yes very true, but reality is seldom that way. I have found people working for the county or state to be the laziest people ever. Anything to avoid work. When I moved to KY, the property I bought needed an address. Took 6 weeks and finally threats to get the woman to do her job. She acted like it was a major chore. Drive out there, stop at the end of the driveway, push a button on the GPS and drive back to the office. Always had an excuse about why it wasnt done. Recently I had to go deal with the child support office here in TN. Guess I did well to avoid such a place for so long, and Im not paying but the ex. I thought the VA was slow. This place took the cake, I would imagine they get paid pretty well. Would not imagine Chicago is any better. If some over paid city worker can just stick another ticket on the car vs doing whatever paperwork required, they will do it. The parking lot is probably under some outside contract, they will pay as little as possible, you get what you pay for. Hard to expect $15hr work for $8hr.

In general my complaints with government run offices is with leadership caused problems and policy that was created from above. Leadership will always drive the underlings' performance.

When I was a teen working in fast food, the managers always had us mopping the floors and cleaning tables when there was a break in customer flow. Fast food places today are filthy and the kids working there seem to spend time talking and sitting around. The teens 30 years ago were not self-motivated workers (despite what some may think). They had the same work ethic as those in fast food today. The managers were different back then.

tdoyka
10-28-2016, 02:53 PM
we can sell/give chicago to canada

starmac
10-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Why sure, I'll bet the Kanuck are just jumping at the bit to buy or even take Chitown off our hands. lol

abunaitoo
10-28-2016, 10:52 PM
I didn't think you could register a car, in someone elses name, without them being present.
I think we have a long term parking lot at our airport.
They must have had a really bad split.

NavyVet1959
10-29-2016, 08:41 AM
I didn't think you could register a car, in someone elses name, without them being present.

Dealerships do it all the time... And I'm thinking there are some expediter services that you can hire that will stand in line at the DMV for you, so that's probably the same thing.