PDA

View Full Version : We need SNOW

starmac
10-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Man we could sure use a couple feet of snow quick, like last week.
Temps have finally gotten the ground froze hard, so we got back in the log woods last week.
The trouble is we had a wet rainy hunting season and the roads are rutted up and washed out something fierce, couple that with the fact the cold weather caught the logger off guard and he didn't get in to work on the roads before freezup, now is a super slow go one 35 miles one way of bad road to get a load of logs. lol

runfiverun
10-25-2016, 03:35 PM
well we got a bunch I wish wasn't on the road.
I dunno how to get it there but your welcome to all of it.

starmac
10-25-2016, 03:48 PM
We had maybe , and I mean maybe one inch so far. lol

Butchman205
10-25-2016, 04:13 PM
We're in severe drought conditions here in Central Bama...and we took a load of items for flood relief to Louisiana last weekend.

Can you say, IRONIC?!?

leeggen
10-25-2016, 09:07 PM
I just started to irreg. the pasture for the goats again today. Sense May we have had a whopping 4in. of rain here in our area in Tn. Go 10 miles any direction and they have had reasonable amount of rain. The goats have chewed their pasture area down to about 4 inches, that is from 10 inches in the lot of new grass growth sense irreg. last week.
Something must be happening up north cause the geese and sandhill cranes have been fly through.
CD

MaryB
10-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Quit swearing! That 4 letter word I can do without for another month... I have 6,000 pounds of corn to move this week and maybe 4,000 pounds of pellets! Snow would mean I can't get back to where it is stored!

starmac
10-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Hurry up. cuz we need SNOW. lol

Mk42gunner
10-26-2016, 04:18 AM
Funny how the weather is just full of four letter words, isn't it? Snow, rain, heat, cold...

I hope we get some snow this year, I just bought a new to me snowblower and don't want to have wasted my $20.

I figure it will be easier than shoveling or sweeping Mom's sidewalks in town, I use the rear blade on my WD here at home for snow moving.

Robert

Freightman
10-26-2016, 09:29 AM
We have broken all the records for heat in Oct. this year one day last week was 99 and this is "FALL"

runfiverun
10-26-2016, 12:37 PM
and that's why I avoid Texas.

quilbilly
10-26-2016, 01:05 PM
We have gotten ten inches of rain so far this month and even for the Olympic Pen., it is getting ridiculous. It isn't even rainy season yet!! No snow in the mountains either. Ah well?! Just another month in paradise. Last week we allowed the red cedar gathers trim some of our trees and the rain never slowed them down. The cedar branches are for the floral industry so they paid us $50 a day ($250 total) and all I had to do was sit and watch. Life is good! Trees look good and will grow better plus I can see more of our deer and mountain lions now.

firefly1957
10-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Just started snowing here in Michigan not supposed to add up but first non political flakes of the season!

G. Blessing
10-26-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm more worried about everybodies wells, septics etc freezing here pretty soon... Not to mention how freaking dry it will be next year if this is a really light winter! Can anyone say bad fire season?? I've had wild fire within a few hundred yards of my front door once alreadya couple years ago... Once in a lifetime is enough! We Deffinetally NEED SNOW. Not that I want a full on blizzard drop of 4 feet at once... or even a footall At Once... But SOMETHING would be nice. G.

starmac
10-26-2016, 07:02 PM
It is early yet, and the weather hasn't been cold, surely we will get some insulation snow, I hope anyway. A little cold before the snow might not be all a bad thing. We never got the ice bridge built across the nenana last year, because of the high temps, maybe we can get back in there this year.

ghh3rd
10-26-2016, 07:05 PM
I feel for ya! :-)

Randy
Tampa, Florida

historicfirearms
10-27-2016, 10:45 AM
This morning I had to plow our runway for the first time this season. Not much accumulation on the pavement but it was slick! Slush and airplanes don't mix.

Hardcast416taylor
10-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Here in the `Thumb Area` of Michigan we got between 1 - 2" of snow last evening. Happily today it is gone.Robert