PDA

View Full Version : ever have one of those days

anthont1
10-21-2016, 09:46 PM
I went through and loaded up 50 rounds no problem. Decided I would keep going got another 50 ready I was using 2 trays, decided since I would have to leave soon I would only put powder in the one tray (25) and finish that. I would leave the second tray till evening went through added bullet crimped, worked through 45 of them before I realized what I did. I spent the next while disassembling rounds ended up a little late leaving but wasn't going to take the risk that I would forget my mistake or someone might grab them and head out with them. The whole reason I didn't put the powder in was I didn't want to risk a issue and was at a safe stopping point. My fault though shouldn't have started with them at all and really should not have had them out with some I was finishing. At least I still was triple checking every so long but I am reminded to triple check every time. Just a reminder about getting distracted while reloading.

leeggen
10-21-2016, 10:02 PM
If you run a single stage powder one and then install a bullit, powder one and install a bullit....ect...ect. Doesn't seem to take any longer but does reduce such problems.
CD

merlin101
10-21-2016, 10:09 PM
Been many a time that I've had to stop half way thru a batch, I always write myself a note.
I also jot down what powder and the amount the measure is set for and stick it in or on the powder tube.

TXGunNut
10-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Some times you have to make yourself stop, put things away and leave the room. I also avoid loading when I have time constraints because that seems to be when I make mistakes.

Butchman205
10-22-2016, 01:03 AM
Even under the ABSOLUTELY most careful plans...a big dose of "LIFE" happens, and you have to stop midstream. I'm with you on the better safe than sorry mindset.

I'd rather disassemble 200 unnecessarily, than NOT disassemble one that needed it.

Good for you being safe my friend.

-Butchman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred2892
10-22-2016, 03:08 AM
Easily avoided if you alter your loading technique. Always have empty cases upside down in your loading tray. The only time a case is the right way up is when it has powder in it.
Good catch on realising the problem before reaching the range.
Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

crowbuster
10-22-2016, 08:50 AM
same here fred

runfiverun
10-22-2016, 10:06 AM
I use the powder and bullet technique.
and the empty cases are face down in the tray.

hey at least you started low :lol:

Blackwater
10-22-2016, 10:56 AM
This is one of the reasons I load in batches, and charge all cases, check powder level visually to ensure they all look alike, and repour any that seem high or low. Then, if I need to take a break or quit and come back for any reason, I can lay a piece of cardboard or another loading tray on top to make sure nothing can get in them before I come back and put the bullets in them and finish them up. I guess I'm too easily distracted to do it one at a time? But whatever works, do it, and the same technique doesn't always work for all people. It's something we just have to work out on our own, so it meshes with our natural tendencies, and lets us produce the best and most error free ammo we CAN. It ain't rocket science, but reloading IS something we HAVE to pay a lot of attention to. I know the mistakes I've made in the past were VERY instructive to me! "Live and learn," I guess?

nvbirdman
10-22-2016, 07:52 PM
We all make mistakes.
The only ones who do not make mistakes are the ones that lie and say they don't make mistakes.
Hillary told me that.

anthont1
10-22-2016, 10:19 PM
you know kept reading about flipping the cases but didnt think it would help with the way I was reloading but can now see the benefit Ill have to start doing that. I guess you learn something everyday.