PDA

View Full Version : supplier for 35 remington bullets

WyomingWhitetail
10-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Hey guys
I picked up a 51 marlin 336 the other day and really want to try some of the rcbs 200 grainers out of it. I ordered some from Western bullets buts thats been two or three weeks ago and I can't seem to get a hold of him via email. So I'm looking for another place to buy some as well. Montana bullet works has them but the only option is lino at 22 bhn. I'm looking to use them for hunting loads on whitetail with as close to full velocity as I can get so lino may not be a good choice? Not set up for casting right now although I do have a small stash of lead but I don't have the time to cast right now so I'm looking for a commercial source or I would be willing to buy from members on here. Thanks for the help in advance.

scottfire1957
10-15-2016, 11:35 PM
Well, I would use the internet, all of it, but thats just me. YMMV.

WyomingWhitetail
10-15-2016, 11:56 PM
I'm not trying to be lazy, I've spent the last week looking off and on and I haven't found much for this particular bullet. Plus I would like some first hand experience on bullet companies so I can have confidence in what I'm ordering.

bstone5
10-16-2016, 01:50 AM
Try Graf & Sons for the bullets.

dubber123
10-16-2016, 08:24 AM
You might try the Want to Buy section of swapping and selling. That is an extremely popular design that a lot of people cast, you should get a lead on some in short order. I would think air cooled WW's would be about right for full power loads, which are easy to do in the .35 Rem. My 220 grain loads are faster than factory 200's by a little bit and shoot great with no leading. H4198 was the ticket for me, good luck.

MostlyLeverGuns
10-16-2016, 09:56 AM
I've done business with Western Bullets. Sometimes they take longer. I don't believe he carries inventory, schedules production as ordered. Sometimes it takes awhile. He does list many bullets not available elsewhere. Bullshop carries quite a few bullets that are very well done - Bullshop.com

264 Win Mag
10-16-2016, 06:37 PM
+1 on Bullshop. Great to do business with and even though he makes them to order his service is very quick. Check out his website as he has lots of options in most calibers.

Thomas

WyomingWhitetail
10-16-2016, 07:17 PM
I will probably give bullshop a try. Open to other suggestions ad well

Hueyville
10-17-2016, 02:06 AM
I started loading for 35 Rem at age 12 with no adult supervision and little book data. I did figure out really quick anything from 90 grain 380 pistol bullets to 9mm, 38/357 and so forth could be launched from my Marlin lever rifle. First time my group size went to shotgun size and kept finding jackets from semi jacketed hollow point pistol bullets laying on ground about ten feet from muzzle took me a few minutes to figure out was driving the pistol bullets so hard they shed their jackets like sabots and the bullets turned into Phil Niekro knuckle balls as traveled down range. That poor Marlin has had every bullet could shove in a 35 Rem case launched from it at some point. Starting reloading at age 12 and casting at 13 had me trying stuff that only immortality of youth would allow one to survive. From little 88 grain hollow points to 280 grain A Frames and cast bullets from 140 grain wadcutters to 280 grain NEI that Marlin in 35 Rem has seen it all and now gathers dust in the vault as a conversation piece.

Learned about fillers for light powder charges in rifle cases using everything from Dacron to grits. Fiberglass insulation, corn starch and more was used to top off cases before seating light pistol bullets using powders as fast as Bullseye. Don't think there was a single powder ever owner as a teen that didn't get poured in the 35. Luckily was a voracious reader and read about flashover and detonation before having to learn about it the hard way. The 35 Remington and 45-70 are two must have rifles for any cast bullet experimenter. Loading up black powder to push paper patched bullets in a 45-70 takes me back to my buffalo killing heritage buried in my genes. I will always own a 35 and a 45-70 as no matter what can keep them shooting if have to make my bullts, powder and reload even my primers (that was a lesson hope never forced to repeat).

Someday plan to waste a day taking a chamber cast, slugging the bore and such just to see how out of spec the old girl is but held together allowing me to survive a misspent youth. Remember when 357 Maximum became popular and the rifle was not completely shot out it absolutely loved some of the jacketed pistol bullets designed for mettalic silhouette shooting. The rifle launched literally thousands of Lyman 358315 204 grain gas check cast lead bullets. From age 12 till almost 14 it was the only centerfire rifle I owned thus took all the abuse of an inquisitive kid. Even learned the art of paper patched bullets using it. For shear versitility and experimentation the 35 Rem may top the list of rifle cartridges to experiment with. So many different handgun to large game bullets can be launched through it everyone should have one to play with. Have fun, be safe and if don't see a hole in target or dirt fly up take a peek down the muzzle to make sure your new experiment is not stuck in the barrel and launch another behind it and should survive and thrive with more experimenting than ever considered possible.