PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Set of Tests

JohnH
06-08-2008, 08:17 AM
www.rateyourrisk.org

Found this on another site I visit on occasion. Ever wonder what kind of risk you run from things like rape, battery, murder, robbery, etc.?
I live in a very rural setting and that helps, but it is interesting the factors which play into these issues.

monadnock#5
06-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I've known for years (according to Joseph Wambaugh) that police over the course of their careers develop a sixth sense for identifying criminals. A good cop can look a crowd over and with a very high degree of accuracy assign a threat value to each person in the crowd.

It took a long time for me to consider the opposite must also be true. That a career criminal would develop a sixth sense for identifying the easiest individual prey animal in a herd.

Despite what the ACLU would like for it to be about, it's all about profiling. For all parties concerned.

waksupi
06-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I came out as being a threat to the criminal element. As Jeff Cooper said, don't look like a victim, and you most likely won't be!

monadnock#5
06-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I've never had the training and repetitive drilling that it takes to make "cocked and locked" work for me. When it comes to going through life in "Condition Yellow" however, I am in complete agreement with with the good Colonel.

Johnch
06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Well -43 , look out bad guy

John

MtGun44
06-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I got minus scores on all three. They said that I was a threat to the
bad guys - I guess because I have a CCW permit and use it.
Some of the questions are interesting, they make you think.

Bill