PDA

View Full Version : You all be careful of your slogan T-shirts

Artful
10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arrested-attack-teen-blue-lives-matter-42745078

SYLACAUGA, Ala. — Oct 12, 2016

Four black men are facing assault charges in connection with the beating of a white Alabama (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/alabama.htm)high school student who had posted pro-police comments online.

In a statement, Sylacauga Police Chief Kelley Johnson says four recent Sylacauga High School students were arrested Tuesday following the Sept. 30 attack against 17-year-old Brian Ogle.

Ogle's mother, Brandi Allen, says her son responded to students wearing
Black Lives Matter (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/issues/black-lives-matter-protests.htm) T-shirts at his school with "Blue lives matter," a defense of police officers. He was hospitalized with serious head injuries.

Twenty-year-old Quartez Walker and 19-year-old Bobby Brown (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/entertainment/music/bobby-brown-singer.htm) were arrested at Stillman College. Eighteen-year-old La Noah Ely, Jr. was arrested at Auburn University in Montgomery. Twenty-year-old Daveon Nix was arrested in Sylacauga.

Police have said the attack may have been racially motivated.

I hope the young man recovers fully.

CraigOK
10-12-2016, 05:07 PM
May have been racially motivated... It's sad that they cant, or just wont, state obvious facts

Omega
10-12-2016, 05:08 PM
I think it depends on the slogan. They should think twice with this one:

shoot-n-lead
10-12-2016, 05:40 PM
I believe that would have been disparity of force....or, at least, it would have been in my part of the world.:Fire:

shooterg
10-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Gotta be a hate crime, right ?

lefty o
10-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Gotta be a hate crime, right ?
its only a hate crime if a white person does it.

Storydude
10-12-2016, 10:22 PM
You mean something I wear/put on my car/person might target me?

SHOCKED I am.

:rolleyes:

elmacgyver0
10-12-2016, 10:27 PM

SHOCKED I am.

Sounds like you condone it.

jmorris
10-12-2016, 10:35 PM
I think it depends on the slogan. They should think twice with this one:

only if you are not incapacitated from that direction...

leftiye
10-13-2016, 07:10 AM

(Oh boy, another one.) So you don't believe in freedom of speech?

CastingFool
10-13-2016, 07:39 AM
This is a bit out of this thread, but I had an Army buddy who was from Silacauga, and his last name was Ogle! We were in the same units both at Bragg and Benning.

Storydude
10-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Well, the freedom of speech allows you TO say whatever you wish.
Too bad it doesn't protect you from the repercussions OF saying whatever you wish.

jonp
10-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Well, the freedom of speech allows you TO say whatever you wish.
Too bad it doesn't protect you from the repercussions OF saying whatever you wish.
Unfortunatly most do not recognize this

runfiverun
10-13-2016, 10:13 PM
this better not turn into Pit material.

dragon813gt
10-13-2016, 10:24 PM

3...2...1...and go :popcorn:

PS Paul
10-13-2016, 10:25 PM
Think we are already there.....

Rick N Bama
10-14-2016, 09:09 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/arrested-attack-teen-blue-lives-matter-42745078

I hope the young man recovers fully.

You would not believe the number of people that are volunteering to be on the jury!

shoot-n-lead
10-14-2016, 09:12 PM
You would not believe the number of people that are volunteering to be on the jury!

"I will" ... "I will"...![smilie=s:

Echo
10-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Wonder what rationalization they will use NOT to call it a Hate Crime...

dragon813gt
10-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Wonder what rationalization they will use NOT to call it a Hate Crime...

The same rationalization they use every time it happens this way. Hate crimes can only be committed by one race in this country.

Three44s
10-15-2016, 04:29 PM
The attackers defense will be that they were not committing a hate crime ..... they were just instilling some sense into an uneducated individual!

Three 44s

Bad Company
10-15-2016, 07:00 PM
Here is an interesting article written by a woman for The Federalist.

Now please take the time to read it and think of exactly what she has written and her perception of what is happening in our country concerning race. Than ask yourself now about religion relations with the white Christian majority. This country was built on the premise of freedom for all. Freedom of speech is the first amendment. Well if I have to tell you what the 2nd amendment is you truly don't belong on this forum.

Start allowing the Liberals to use the same logic that is written in this article to stigmatize gun owners and you have another problem of being categorized as a Racist in another form and you lose your voice

To me the white youth has the same Freedom to wear a Blue Lives Matter T-Shirt as a black youth does to wear a Black Lives Matter T-Shirt. If a group of white people walks up and beats a single black youth for wearing the Black Lives Matter T-Shirt. Why doesn't the same laws pertain to the group of black youths beating a single white youth for wearing Blue Lives Matter?

Aren't they both considered hate crimes in the eyes of the law. We have moved from the 1800s into the 21st century.

When are we all going to be equal? When is the Liberal going to allow us to be equal?

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/10/why-white-people-will-always-be-racists/

Bad Company
10-15-2016, 07:11 PM
Here is an interesting article written by a woman for The Federalist.

Now please take the time to read it and think of exactly what she has written and her perception of what is happening in our country concerning race. Than ask yourself now about religion relations with the white Christian majority. This country was built on the premise of freedom for all. Freedom of speech is the first amendment. Well if I have to tell you what the 2nd amendment is you truly don't belong on this forum.

Start allowing the Liberals to use the same logic that is written in this article to stigmatize gun owners and you have another problem of being categorized as a Racist in another form and you lose your voice

To me the white youth has the same Freedom to wear a Blue Lives Matter T-Shirt as a black youth does to wear a Black Lives Matter T-Shirt. If a group of white people walks up and beats a single black youth for wearing the Black Lives Matter T-Shirt. Why doesn't the same laws pertain to the group of black youths beating a single white youth for wearing Blue Lives Matter.

Aren't they both considered hate crimes in the eyes of the law. We have moved from the 1800s into the 21st century.

When are we all going to be equal?

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/10/why-white-people-will-always-be-racists/

magimerlin
10-16-2016, 11:52 AM

SHOCKED I am.

I can see the sarcasm and the truth in that these days... with alot of the "everything offends me" mind set so many have these days..

Sounds like you can not tell when someone is being sarcastic... shoot, they even threw a little Yoda in there...lol

sent from what use to be a great country...

elmacgyver0
10-16-2016, 12:17 PM
I can see the sarcasm and the truth in that these days... with alot of the "everything offends me" mind set so many have these days..

Sounds like you can not tell when someone is being sarcastic... shoot, they even threw a little Yoda in there...lol

sent from what use to be a great country...

obliviously you can not tell when I'm being sarcastic.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-17-2016, 12:24 AM
It is always good to go armed...

Nose Dive
10-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Stupidity is Stupidity. Color it any color you wish.

Nose Dive
Cheap, Fast, Good. Kindly pick two.