PDA

View Full Version : sighted in my two hunting muzzleloaders today.

johnson1942
10-08-2016, 10:15 PM
one is a 1/2 stock 50 1/28 twist 36 inch barrel. the other is a custom inline built on a h and r action 50 cal 1/32 twist, dont know the barrel length, nine power scope. tested a couple of bullets and found they both liked the 480 grain swaged at .50 and then reduced to .494. then double wrapped with 9 pound paper and then run through a .498 resizer die. the load for both was 80 grains of blackhorn 209 powder. i sighted them in off a bench at 50 yards so they were perfect with holes touching then shot each one round at 100 yards and they were both right on the x. i dont have a .492 resizer die anymore as it got sold with a gun so the smallest i can resize to is .494. the .494 is a little to tight with the single warp system so i went to the double wrap system and resized them through the .498 die and then they loaded fine and shot perfectly. most likely in the future i will order a resizer from lee in .492 and simplify things. im all set for dec and the muzzle loader season, guns are ready to go. every one is sighting their guns in, its that time of the year.