PDA

View Full Version : Found my Issue With Big Ollie and the Strange Target Group.....

oldracer
10-07-2016, 11:55 AM
I'll post another message about what I found when I went to the range this past Tuesday and later on posted in the original thread. I wanted to change the title with the additional word "Solved!" but could not find out howso anyways here is the results. One note was made to use a over powder wad but the T/C and Lee molded Minnie Balls both have a very deep conical base and should fit snugly in the bore but not tight. So I have run a mic on each bullet I cast and the ones that shrunk I rolled down my very course file to enlarge the diameter and will see the results next week. Here's my original post:

Well it appears I missed the whole thing and I found out why finally. I had done a cerosafe mold of the bore and the size was 0.500 at the muzzle with 0.002 deep lands. I tested the same bullets today and had a spotter watch where they hit as the target and backer was clean and he said one was way over the top and to the right a foot, the next was over a foot below the backer and so on. So I broke out the mic and these were 0.498 so that is why they went down so easy. The others I molded were the same so I compared them to some new T/C and they measured 0.501 which is why they need some help going down the bore! Time to break out the big old bastard file and knurl the ones that have shrunk since they were 0.500 when cast

bubba.50
10-07-2016, 01:06 PM
glad ya got it figgered out. hope ya have smooth sailin' from here on out.