PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 car show

GOPHER SLAYER
10-02-2016, 02:32 PM
My wife and I spent the day yesterday walking the down town streets of San Bernardino, Ca. looking at old cars both classic and otherwise. I also had a great time talking with people from all over. I will attach a few pictures. Our legs were tired long before we walked all the streets or saw all the cars.

knifemaker
10-02-2016, 03:11 PM
WHAT! No pictures of vintage Mustangs!!! Thanks for sharing. That must of been a great show of vintage cars.

Skunk1
10-02-2016, 03:58 PM
That would be fun. Wife always wanted to cruise the 66. We have a old river town near that has a car show in September. Supposed to be the nicest car show around with the old cars and old buildings for many blocks. We need to take one of ours down next year.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-02-2016, 07:01 PM
I traveled 66 long before there was a RTE 40. Most towns made you drive through the business district and that took up lots of time. I was amazed to drive 40 after it opened. It was a breeze. Many of the old towns have become tourist attractions specially with Europeans. They love the American Southwest.Yes there were many vintage Mustangs and Cameros there but for some reason I didn't take pictures of either.

opos
10-02-2016, 07:57 PM
If you look carefully at the last picture..the light green 37 Ford...take a look at the front wheel....some cars just don't get any respect..I'm lucky to live in California...we have hundreds of major shows every week through out the summer...We had our regular cruise night that was scheduled on Wednesday night cancelled because of the police shooting but it's a street show that draws hundreds of cars each week for the whole summer...in a couple of weeks there is the "Pal Joey's" show in our neighborhood that will probably have 300-400 cars...the pictures are of the El Cajon cruise night a year or so ago..and our "people's choice" trophy...the second picture is the same truck at the Pal Joey's show in 2013..The Cutlass is our "go to get ice cream and a burger car" if you are hungry and in a hurry...Almost any weekend night in So. Cal there are cruises and shows going on...this is a strange place to live for some things but the car culture in really something...look at this link and you will see the show schedule for So Cal...that's from here on through the late fall...there were as many or more shows and cruises during the first 3 months of summer... http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

GOPHER SLAYER
10-02-2016, 10:04 PM
opos, I was waiting to see if anyone saw the little dog leaving his mark on the right front tire of the unfortunate vehicle. I don't know how they do it but the little mutt actually pees on the tire, must have one really big bladder.

Boolit_Head
10-02-2016, 10:21 PM
If you want to see some nice cars drop by Pigeon Forge when there is a get together there. We happened to be there the weekend there was one and they lined the main street through town with some amazing cars and trucks and one short bus. Most people put some chars by the side of the road and the cars cruise by.