PDA

View Full Version : How to mold boolits---A revelation

calaloo
06-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Everyone may know this but I have been molding boolits for many years and I didn't. Here is the story: I just ordered a Paul Jones mould and in perusing his web site I found a description on how to keep the top alignment pin from binding, or some such. Yesterday I was molding some boolits with a Hoch mould that has always required several pecks on the handles to get the boolit to drop from the mould. I decided to practice the move from the Jones web site. Lo and behold the boolit droped from the mold easily as the blocks seperated and did so every time. I haven't tried this with any other moulds but I bet it will work with them as well. All that is necessary is to push on the bottom edge of the right mould block with your mallet as you open the handles. Period. That's all. Piece of cake.

If anyone tries this let me know how it works. Or if this is common knowledge I would like to know that as well.

Bill

dromia
06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Any chance of a link Calaloo?

45nut
06-05-2008, 07:52 PM
http://www.pauljonesmoulds.com/table_of_contents.htm#How%20should%20I%20cast%20us ing%20a%20Paul%20Jones%20mould

dromia
06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks Ken.