PDA

View Full Version : A CB Use for Acid Brushes

fourarmed
09-25-2016, 12:56 PM
I was sizing some 311041 bullets that were just a tad large for my gas checks. Using a seater worked OK most of the time, but was slow. There was an acid brush laying on the bench -- the kind with a tubular steel handle. By rolling the base of the boolits in the end of the handle, I got a nice, even bevel that allowed the gas checks to start much easier and faster.

Hardcast416taylor
09-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Neat idea! I`ll have to try this.Robert

Blackwater
09-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Little tips like this are some really valuable things for us casters. And mostly, all it involves is looking for little things laying around that we can find alternate and sometimes very helpful uses for. Being an old country boy, I've found a number of uses for things like this, or things that can be modified slightly and easily for particular uses. Getting into detail stripping guns, and then into elementary gunsmithing early on helped develop a little "country boy ingenuity" on many occasions, but for the life of me I can't remember any of them right now. I know I've used paper clips for all sorts of convenient things, like when poking around or lifting parts and springs out. Sometimes, all we really need to do is look around and find some creative uses for very ordinary things, and it can make our lives easier and our shooting better. Thanks for a neat tip!

Walter Laich
09-25-2016, 03:08 PM
thinking outside the box is what it's sometimes called

Doc Highwall
09-25-2016, 03:19 PM
I have not used this tool but Al at NOE has a bullet base chamfer tool for sale to remove the flashing on the base of your bullets.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28&osCsid=ddh09s1l3mtlc97n0b30q9jh15

runfiverun
09-25-2016, 11:07 PM
doc beat me to it.

I have just used my out side champhering tool from my rcbs powered tool before.