PDA

View Full Version : This hobby is making me fat(ter)...

Idaho45guy
09-25-2016, 12:53 AM
Watched a video on the tumble method to coat boolits with Alox using cool whip containers. Not having any, was at the grocery store yesterday and bought a couple of tubs of cool whip. Not wanting to waste it, bought a couple of pumpkin pies...

At least my reloading/casting room is on the 2nd floor of my house and the computer is on the first, so I have to run up and down the stairs to double-check info on here...

Artful
09-25-2016, 02:59 AM
Need to learn to invite your shooting bud's over to share the pie and cool whip.

OS OK
09-25-2016, 03:10 AM
Yep, me too...my shop is on the bottom floor and house on the upper level, built into the side of a sloping ridge. Have to go up n down to get on forum.
Often times I've thought...'I wished I had a nickel for every step traversed over the years!'
Especially for the first year I spent remodeling, building cabinets etc. down in the shop, tools and parts, carrying them back and forth every day that first year. I should be thin as a rail but...ain't!

Bookworm
09-25-2016, 06:34 AM
I wish I could say I was getting fatter because of a hobby. Any hobby.

Fact of the matter is, I married Miss Fry-it-in-butter. Made her Mrs Bookworm. She is a fabulous cook.
I put on 15 pounds within 2 months of being married, and it ain't stopped.

There is always Cool-Whip containers around. Some full, most aren't.

And yes, I'm blaming Mrs Bookworm. For my sake, don't tell her. I don't want her to quit cooking.

copdills
09-25-2016, 06:59 AM
I'm with Artful share the Wealth LOL

runfiverun
09-25-2016, 11:00 AM
wait??? there is PIE at 45guy's house.
woo hoo i'll be there in like 5 hours.
what goes good with pie? milk? ginger ale? maybe another pie perhaps.

Idaho45guy
09-25-2016, 11:03 AM
BYOB... Just sayin'...

runfiverun
09-25-2016, 11:46 AM
BYOp... Just sayin'...

fixed it for ya.:lol:

white eagle
09-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Watched a video on the tumble method to coat boolits with Alox using cool whip containers. Not having any, was at the grocery store yesterday and bought a couple of tubs of cool whip. Not wanting to waste it, bought a couple of pumpkin pies...

At least my reloading/casting room is on the 2nd floor of my house and the computer is on the first, so I have to run up and down the stairs to double-check info on here...

Seem like a creative way to solve the problem

KYCaster
09-25-2016, 10:10 PM
Try this...........

kingstrider
09-25-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm weighing in for my fall PRT tomorrow morning. I never eat desert but will think of ya'll tomorrow night when I have something to eat besides rabbit food.

TXGunNut
09-26-2016, 12:15 AM
I hope I never have another two-story dwelling, stairs at work are bad enough. Seems any little chore around the house involves a trip up and down stairs. I use a Folgers coffee container for tumble lubing, they even have a built-in handle!

Bzcraig
09-26-2016, 12:26 AM
If all THIS hobby does is make you fatter, you'll be way better off than most of us!

Idaho45guy
09-26-2016, 01:33 AM
I hope I never have another two-story dwelling, stairs at work are bad enough. Seems any little chore around the house involves a trip up and down stairs. I use a Folgers coffee container for tumble lubing, they even have a built-in handle!

I just posted a new thread about how I use those for my different media blends... But you're right; they would be awesome for the tumble lubing!