PDA

View Full Version : All the options

pupsdad
09-22-2016, 11:17 PM
I have turned to shooting more cast bullets then anything else. I have tumble lubed, pan lubed, I have a lube/sizer that gets used some, I've been playing with paper patching and having a blast with that, got some powder to play with once I get a convection fan installed in my toaster oven. Point is I'm having a blast trying all the different techniques and I'm having pretty good results so far with them all. I did lead up my 45 colt vaquero real bad more than once toumble lubed but that's my go to lube for 45acp. It's looking like if the PC goes well I could have four methods for four guns. Now I've started in on a 8mm Mauser build. Sorry for the long post but I'm having fun wanted to share.

Scharfschuetze
09-23-2016, 12:15 AM
Good on you Pup. Just can't say how much I've enjoyed the hobby and experimentation over the years.

Oklahoma Rebel
09-23-2016, 12:43 AM
Glad you are enjoying the hobby!as fare as lube goes, I get leading with liquid lubes, don't get how it works for everyone else, but good for them,lol. I stick to good old fashioned grease/wax type lubes, and have a star sizer that I just LOVE, keep having fun!, Travis

shoot-n-lead
09-23-2016, 01:11 AM
I have done pretty much all of it...but for what I do, as of about 3yrs ago...PC, all the way. I have not conventionally lubed another bullet since my first batch of powder coat and don't intend to ever conventionally lube another. YMMV

Matter of fact, I need to get rid of most of that lubing stuff...it is just in the way.

runfiverun
09-23-2016, 11:03 AM
shoot-n-lead give George a holler about that lube stuff.
that's how Travis got his star, a HS trap team in texas got themselves 4 mec's to go on, and a new guy learned how to ladle cast because of George's work. [just to name a few]
a new guy with super limited funds would 100% appreciate it and put it to use.

Oklahoma Rebel
09-23-2016, 12:31 PM
Yes sir! and it was appreciated very much runfiverun!