PDA

View Full Version : Gone for a few days

Boerrancher
06-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Tomorrow I will be having surgery to rebuild a bit more of my shoulder. I found a team of Ortho Docs, who think they can help me gain some more use of my right arm. Once I am able to sit up and type I will be back, I am guessing by Friday. I just hope it can all be done with the scope. I don't want to be out of commission for months.

Please say a prayer for my dear wife, as she will be once again taking care of our household and 5 children on her own just as she did during my combat tour and after I was wounded. This time though she also has the added responsibility of all the livestock, gardens and taking care of me.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

monadnock#5
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Good luck Joe. I sure hope this works out for you. Prayers for you and yours are on their way up.

TRM
06-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I pray for A speedy recovery, Will keep your family in our prayers

Throckmorton
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Prayers up for your speedy recovery,and sure hope it works out well for you.

floodgate
06-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Boerrancher:

We don't do prayer, but you certainly have all our best wishes - wife and kids, too!

Doug & Bev

Wayne Smith
06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Prayers for the docs, you and your family.

45 2.1
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Best wishes to you and yours.

runfiverun
06-04-2008, 03:58 PM
hope they can get you back to 100%...

trickyasafox
06-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Godspeed on a safe recovery!

MT Gianni
06-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Here's hoping for a succesful surgery and minimal pain in your recovery. Gianni

Ricochet
06-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey, I'll pray for you and your wife and family.

Having a right humerus that's half metal and the rest of it fragments wired together, I sympathize with what you're going through. Work hard on that PT afterwards!

mtgrs737
06-04-2008, 11:01 PM
All of God's blessings for you and yours!

Mtgrs737

Bret4207
06-05-2008, 05:45 PM
Best of luck. I'll remember you in my prayers and your wife too.

Boerrancher
06-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes. I came through surgery well, but am in a good deal of pain, and haven't slept yet. Doc said it would be this way for a few days as he had to do a lot of work to repair the damage done by the previous surgeon. I don't know the details but the wife told me when she spoke to the Doc while I was in recovery, that he was mad about the condition my shoulder was in. The Doc told the wife that the previous surgeon did more damage to my shoulder than the shrapnel did, and that I will never fully recover or have full use of my right arm. Well I am typing one handed, and it is getting tired. please keep the wife in your thoughts and prayers, as her work load just doubled.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

monadnock#5
06-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Deep breaths, and relax as best you can. The Good Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes, but never hands out a greater burden than we can carry.

Thank you for your service to our country.

I see your quote from Albert Pike. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the SMJ would you?

waksupi
06-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Joe, glad you got through this step. I've heard from several, that front line medicine isn't real refined, just designed to get you through there alive, and let the next guy fix it right. Hopefully things will keep getting better.

crabo
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Joe, I say a prayer for your healing whenever I see your thread. I ask God for your healing and to bless you for the sacrifice you made for our country.

Thank you,

Craig

Boerrancher
06-06-2008, 11:52 AM

I see your quote from Albert Pike. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the SMJ would you?

First, you are most welcome and I consider it an honor to have done so. I dislike and distrust my Gov, but love my country, but if the small amount that I contributed helps keep the fight there and not here it was all worth it.

Yes, I am a member of the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite.

Waksupi,

I was patched up in theater well enough that I went over a year packing a piece of shrapnel in it. I had it removed when it started causing me problems. After the surgery I had more problems than before. I found out that the army doc cut my rotator cuff in 2 places, and cut 2 ligaments that support the humorous, along with removing nearly an inch of my collar bone. The wife ask the doc yesterday if it was damage due to the shrapnel, and the doc told her the damage was done with a surgical instrument. If it was the shrapnel, why didn't the army ortho doc repair it? He was an orthopedic surgeon, should have been able to see several cuts in the rotator cuff and repair them as well as the ligaments, if he wasn't the one who did it. I think he either didn't know what he was doing, didn't care, or both.

waksupi
06-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Deep breaths, and relax as best you can. The Good Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes, but never hands out a greater burden than we can carry.

I believe there are quite a few Blue Lodge members here. I am also Scottish Rite.

9.3X62AL
06-06-2008, 12:47 PM
BR--

Many thanks for your service, and prayers continue for your full recovery.

monadnock#5
06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I believe there are quite a few Blue Lodge members here. I am also Scottish Rite.

Yes, I am a member of the Southern Jurisdiction of the Scottish Rite.

I made the mistake of offending several members of this Board early on, and as a result I'm no one's favorite poster. I won't try to say that's OK. I do know how to cope with adversity however. I've never openly announced my various Masonic memberships for several reasons. I was afraid that rather than receive a hand up, I might drag a Brother down to my level, and I don't want to inflame anyone's religious beliefs. There's a long list of religious affiliations that consider Freemasonry to be a bad thing, while on the other hand, they're all just fine by me. Toleration for the religious beliefs of others is one of our cardinal tenets. Insofar as the tinfoil hat crowd goes, my Lodge, and my Consistory, isn’t out to takeover and dominate anyone’s world.

I’m glad to know there are Brothers on the Board. But then I always figured there were.

If you’re in need of more than prayers Joe, please say so.

waksupi
06-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Heck, our lodge can't take over the world. Not until we can all agree what to have for dinner at the next meeting, anyhow. Until that problem is solved, world domination will just have to wait!

Boerrancher
06-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Heck, our lodge can't take over the world. Not until we can all agree what to have for dinner at the next meeting, anyhow. Until that problem is solved, world domination will just have to wait!

That says it all right there about those of us who attend lodge.

best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

P.S. The up side to surgery is the good drugs. It's not that they take away the pain, it's just that they make me not care about it.

Ricochet
06-07-2008, 10:36 AM
P.S. The up side to surgery is the good drugs. It's not that they take away the pain, it's just that they make me not care about it.That's exactly what narcotics are supposed to do.

testhop
06-07-2008, 03:39 PM
my hopes and prayers go out to you
may your recovery be fast and perment may you have little or no pain

and you are on your feet quick
and i wish to thank you for your severice
tom

walltube
06-07-2008, 05:28 PM
"I made the mistake of offending several members of this Board early on, and as a result I'm no one's favorite poster."

What in all Hell are you talking about?..:confused:.. You can't possibly be more ignored than I...:lol:

monadnock#5
06-07-2008, 06:05 PM
"I made the mistake of offending several members of this Board early on, and as a result I'm no one's favorite poster."

What in all Hell are you talking about?..:confused:.. You can't possibly be more ignored than I...:lol:

Hey, if you want to start a club......Ah never mind. [smilie=1: Better not go there.:drinks:

pecos
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Joe--You are encluded in the regular prayers. Best of results to you, brother. And, thank you for your service. best of luck. pecos

walltube
06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Despite our grandest dreams and fantasy we are all imperfect beings. But I think you already know that.

Our own mortal light may at times become dimmed, but His Light is always there for us to be brought to.

Like I said: be of good cheer....:drinks:..I've finished mowing an acre of weeds @ 97F and I'm now enjoying my justly deserved refreshment, a 4th. "Red Hook" ESB ale.....

Don't sweat the small stuff....:)

walltube
06-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Please forgive my rude manners by first not acknowledging your service to our Nation and posting a reply to your request for prayer. As other members here post request prayer for ill and lost family and friends of family I promptly do so anonomously. HE is aware of how I function, and I am quite comfortable with that. It was a done deal, Cap't. Joe, especially for your Dearly Beloved. Our women oft carry a heavy load in silence. Seeing you well and at home I think is her reward.

I in no way jumped in here to hi-jack your thread by "speaking" to monadnock #5 first.. I came into this thread by way of a side door, if you will, and heard all this talk about Blue this and Blue that. m#5 seemed to be in distress and....

Sincerely Yours,

Harold

Lloyd Smale
06-08-2008, 06:15 AM
good luck with the surgery. I know how stressfull it can be and will pray for a good outcome