PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do.

44man
09-20-2016, 03:16 PM
I read about health problems and dogs that twist me to pain. My dear friends all. You are such a wonderful bunch. Thank you all, You don't know how much you mean.

Thumbcocker
09-20-2016, 04:25 PM
Best family on the internet.

toallmy
09-21-2016, 08:09 AM
I come here to hang out with a better class of people when I get the chance . It reminds me the world is full of some nice folks . God bless

Artful
09-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Tragedy stalks us all, it's how you handle it that shows what your made of. Nothing worse than a parent having to bury their child, but very close is losing a pet in my mind. We all give what solace we can to our family, friends, acquaintances but in the end it's up to them to bring themselves thru those times that test the soul's of humanity.

toallmy
09-21-2016, 08:33 AM
To feel the pain means you have felt the love .

Blackwater
09-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Amen to all the above posts! Without the risk of loss, there can never be reward. We love the rewards, but hate the losses, but they come anyway, and Artful is right, it's up to us to bear them and come out the other end better for having known the great people and things in our lives, and our dogs and other pets are very high on that list, always.

kmw1954
09-21-2016, 01:52 PM
44 I was and am a member of a boating forum for many years but because of health problems I've lost some interest in that hobby. Over that time I'd made some very dear friends and contacts there. A forum such as that or this one can foster some closeness among it's members. We help each other out not only with the hobby but also on personal matters. It does become a family atmosphere and it's comforting to know we can spill it at times and there will be support.

At times we can all disagree on an issue or get a little testy but from what I've learned over the years is that it is very seldom taken as a personal attack or being mean spirited.

I've only been a member here for a few short months and am very comfortable with the members here and the spirit of the group otherwise I wouldn't have shared my personal experience with the loss of my pet or the recent trip I had to the hospital. It's nice to have a place to go to vent off emotions or ask for support when down.

This is a great community.

waksupi
09-22-2016, 10:29 AM
I find myself unable to respond to many posts about loss. I guess my feelings are too personal.
This Saturday, there are services for two friends who have left due to cancer. I worked with both of them for years. Then this morning, I got word another friend has cancer. It just gets too depressing.

44man
09-25-2016, 09:20 AM
I find myself unable to respond to many posts about loss. I guess my feelings are too personal.
This Saturday, there are services for two friends who have left due to cancer. I worked with both of them for years. Then this morning, I got word another friend has cancer. It just gets too depressing.
I am the same, words of comfort means you care but they do not help. Loss means you cry and suffer a long time.

MrWolf
09-25-2016, 10:48 AM
I totally agree. Some posts just bring the old hurts out and become to much for a bit.

44man
09-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Yes, I cut grass near my babies, Peak a Poms that died from strokes from inbreeding. I say "sorry girls." I made caskets for both. The wood is stained from tears.
It never goes away. The wife does not get it. Just a dog. She bitches when I kill a small deer but will never understand the way I love a dog. But she bought over 100 stuffed toys for my baby and treats.

1bluehorse
09-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Yes, I cut grass near my babies, Peak a Poms that died from strokes from inbreeding. I say "sorry girls." I made caskets for both. The wood is stained from tears.
It never goes away. The wife does not get it. Just a dog. She bitches when I kill a small deer but will never understand the way I love a dog. But she bought over 100 stuffed toys for my baby and treats.

44man, read the Rainbow Bridge sonnet, it will bring more tears but may also possibly bring comfort if you believe in certain things. I've been fortunate in my life to have and had several fine dogs (and horses). The horses that were "special" to me that have passed are buried on my property. My dogs have all been cremated and reside in a glass enclosure in my reloading room waiting for me. I have instructions that when it's my turn I would like my remains (ashes) along with my dogs to be spread over the area where my horses are buried. That way to my thinking, where ever I go, I'll have my great dogs there with me and some fine horses to once again ride. You have my sympathies and condolences.

44man
09-25-2016, 12:55 PM
A dog is a wonder. I say go for a ride and the tail goes. She has to be on my lap in the car but in the Polaris it is a leg on mine. She knows who we go to see. She looks me straight in the eye. She knows when we get close to the vet and whines. They are not stupid. I pick her up and she puts her head under my chin with a hug. What more do you need?

Driver33
09-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Dogs are gifts an will will leave tracks on your heart an no matter how bad a day you have had they are happy to see you

MaryB
09-25-2016, 08:08 PM
My lab Misty always knew when I was hurting, pretty soon that big head would push into my lap and under my hand and she would give me the puppy dog love eyes. Her way of comforting me and she was such a goof she could usually get me laughing to forget the pain for awhile...