PDA

View Full Version : Reloading Supplies in DFW?

chaos
06-03-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm fixin to trek into the great metropolis of DFW from the depths of West Texas and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place for some reloading/ casting supplies in DFW?

I used to frequent Sportsman's Warehouse in Lewisville back when I lived up that way, but I've heard they closed it down

Thanks,
Chaos

crabo
06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Call Southwest Ammo in Mesquite. 272.285.3644 No casting supplies, but a little better price on primers and powders. See if they have anything to help you out. They are closed on Sunday through Tuesday.

And where is the depths of West Texas?

Crabo

chaos
06-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I am south of Abilene a bit, but I travel all over with work. I will call those folks. mesquite is a bit further than I'd planned, but what's a fella to do. I'm headed to Irving

GSM
06-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Chaos:

You might try Alpine Range for relaoding - it's been a while since I went in their shop though. http://www.alpinerange.com

In a pinch, Elk Castle in Fort Worth (lots of nice guns, limited reloading though, $$)

Cabela's also has a store out near Alliance Airport.

A small shop with an ok selection: http://www.eulessgunsandammo.com/ not too far from D/FW airport.

Nobody has the selection that Sportsman's did.

ForneyRider
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
On Fort Worth side:
Cabela's has some stuff. Cheaper than Dirt does as well.

I go to Southwest Ammo, they have a nice selection of components. They mostly have RCBS equipment, but also some Lee.

txbirdman
06-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Cheapest place I know of west of Ft. Worth is Pidgeon Road gunshop in Stephenville. Their reloading supplies are cheaper than Midway before adding Midway's freight charges. Another place is the Gibson's store in Weatherford. But for casting equipment you're out of luck with those 2 places.

4570guy
06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I see txbirdman already mentioned it -- +1 on gthe Gibson's store off the square in Weatherford. I typically go there for stuff I can't wait via internet order.

Cherokee
06-13-2008, 09:55 AM
When I lived in Coppell in the 1980's, there was a great gunshop in Lewisville where I got all my supplies - but I can not remember the name.

GSM
06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Cherokee:

Would that shop happen to have been Nick's (or Nic's)? I hadn't heard of that shop for several years now.

chaos
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
That was NIX Shooting Supplies. They shut the doors about the time Bass pro Shop entered the arena in DFW. The last time i stopped in there was on my first trip to Bass pro. I walked out with 14 cases of scattergun shells as they were $2.00 a box. It was a sad day when they closed the doors. It was later re-opened across town by a former employee, but lacked all the good reloading supplies. Larry ( Gunsmith) something or another also opened up shop...he was also a former employee. I believe both shops are gone now as well. I was SOL while in Dallas, so I just ordered online.