PDA

View Full Version : My first partridge of the year

kbstenberg
09-18-2016, 07:59 AM
Today while I was reading posts on this website. A partridge smashed into the window 5' from me. It scared the living (&%@( out of me. I got up an looked out the window and there it was laying so peacefully on the ground below me.
It will be gracing my supper table!!

nagantguy
09-18-2016, 08:38 AM
didn't even need to get your boots wet! glad your eating it it'd be a shame to let it go to waste!

square butte
09-18-2016, 08:40 AM
We have eaten two like that in the last 10 years or so. Straight from God to your supper table. Bacon is your friend...

elk hunter
09-19-2016, 10:29 AM
That's way better than the wife and I did, we spent two days hunting "timber chickens" and never saw a feather. No chance of getting one your way as they don't live in town like we do.

Ramjet-SS
09-19-2016, 09:24 PM
177022We had a great day Saturday despite all the leaves still being on trees. 8 solid points 8 flushed one down. Not bad day got some walking on great cool morning. Breast out the bird Fry some pepperoni then put the boned out Grouse breast in the pepperoni grease and fry till done. Then smoother that delicious fare with Bourbon reduction sauce. It is delectable!!!!!!

Geezer in NH
09-20-2016, 08:58 AM
I got one that way two years ago. The meal it made was expensive as it broke the outer glass in the two pane window it cost me $90.00 to get it replaced at the glass shop. Oh well they do seem to have a hard time with reflections in the fall foliage or winter snow.