PDA

View Full Version : First Step Figured Out

Johnch
09-17-2016, 12:53 AM
Well wearing the darn monitor that recorded my brain moods and migraines
They figured out many of the migraines started about a hour after I took the morning meds

So they looked at what I took first thing in the morning and the only new med was a new Anti Depressaint that is supposed to help the one I have been taking work better
I admit it IMO was , as I wasn't feeling like yelling at people for no good reason any more

But my Migraine Doc looked into the med and in the REAL fine print , there was a warning that it might cause headackes

So I am off that med and in 2 weeks I got a real quick appointment with the Shrink to get a new med

I only stopped taking the med yesterday , I was told 3 days is a normal time for the body to flush out most of a med
So I get to enjoy the migraines for a day or 2 more IF the Doc is right

Oh well , but he did let me start watch TV , using the internet and some of the other PITA NO NO's on his list

Have fun
John

jsizemore
09-17-2016, 01:18 AM
I hope you found the source of your problem.

runfiverun
09-17-2016, 11:29 AM
I don't think anything is more debilitating than a Migraine.
sciatica nerve pain hurts pretty badly as does torn back muscles and bulged discs.
but a migraine just stops your day from happening right now.

Preacher Jim
09-17-2016, 11:38 AM
Until I took anything with monosodium glutamate out of my diet I had severe cluster migraines.
Watching what I eat and foods I buy has eliminated migraines for the largest part 2 in 4 years verses I per week. Try it for a month has helped everyone who has done it.

square butte
09-17-2016, 12:51 PM
MSG is murder for headaches for a lot of folks - Me included. Not migraines - but anything with MSG gives me a headache

Blackwater
09-17-2016, 04:11 PM
Gettiing older and/or ailing is NOT fun, John. Lots of us have to learn that the hard way, but I believe God gives us challenges like this to bring us closer to Him, if we'll simply let it do so. Prayers for you and getting your meds right.