PDA

View Full Version : I goofed

atr
09-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Yes, I goofed...should have gone with my instincts
I was at my favorite hole-in-the-wall gun shop and spotted a really nice J.C. Higgins 30-06. Immaculate condition and stocked with a really nice piece of wood. Drilled and tapped plus the original front and rear sights were in place. Overall condition at 95%.
The asking price was $225.00......
I debated but decided since I already had several 30-06's why would I need another one?
I though it over for a day...then went back to purchase the rifle, and you guessed it,,,,it was GONE

square butte
09-13-2016, 07:36 PM
I can't count the number of times I have made that "mistake". Sometimes the Good Lord wants you to have em - Sometimes not.

Oyeboten
09-13-2016, 07:48 PM
The Rifle could have sat there for months, years even...and soon as someone puts the Mojo on it and leaves...the darned thing just 'glows' in a mysterious way and stands out then...and, someone else stumbles in and opens their Wallet very soon..!

Happens with old Cars, Houses, Pianos, cute gals no one had asked out in ages, you name it...

"Been there done that" myself of course...

Adk Mike
09-13-2016, 08:57 PM
My favorite rifle is a Sears Winchester knock off from around 1970 or so in 30-06. Birch stock Lyman peep sight. That thing is just fun with cast loads.
I have fancier hunting rifles but that's the one I shoot.

Scharfschuetze
09-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Yes, I goofed...should have gone with my instincts
I was at my favorite hole-in-the-wall gun shop and spotted a really nice J.C. Higgins 30-06. Immaculate condition and stocked with a really nice piece of wood. Drilled and tapped plus the original front and rear sights were in place. Overall condition at 95%.
The asking price was $225.00......
I debated but decided since I already had several 30-06's why would I need another one?
I though it over for a day...then went back to purchase the rifle, and you guessed it,,,,it was GONE

Yes, a perennial mistake that we all make from time to time.

EMC45
09-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Yup, have made the mistake far too many times to want to remember.

Lloyd Smale
09-14-2016, 04:00 PM
you sure did;-)