PDA

View Full Version : Important KS Silhouette Achievement

fourarmed
06-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Once again global warming was in evidence only by its absence. The governor’s veto of carbon dioxide production was overridden by the state house – oops, that should be stat house – staff, and the last of the firewood was duly consumed.

Among other noteworthy events, Bob C. became one of the rare winners of the deus ex plumbum award (literally: the god from the wheelweights) for a three-gun aggregate of 101 (U-38, P-36, S-27) using all cast bullets. (Jeff H. was the previous winner for his UAS 40x40 + 9 with cast.) I feel it germane to include the following brief exerpt from Bob’s acceptance speech:

“I normally eschew political topics, but I feel the silhouette community needs to be aware of an alarming and dangerous trend that has surfaced. I am speaking of course of the trend toward manufacturing wheelweights of zinc and plastic, which cannot be made into proper bullets. In fact, zinc contamination can ruin the casting properties of traditional wheelweights. This is clearly another backdoor attempt at gun control, and every right-thinking American should fight it.”

fourarmed
07-17-2008, 05:53 PM
The above message was excerpted from my match report of a couple of months ago. I have been shooting all cast boolits for silhouette this year. In June we had both the Kansas and Missouri state bigbore championships, and I finally achieved a couple of personal cast boolit milestones. I won unlimited, standing, and 4-gun aggregate at the Kansas, and 3 weeks later at the Missouri I won revolver, standing, production, and 4-gun agg. (with a 142). I also shot my first 40 with cast boolits in the unlimited gun, but lost the shootoff by one target.