PDA

View Full Version : Foundries

Jerry11826
06-02-2008, 05:22 AM
Would appreciate any info on commercial sources of metal for casting.

I can still scrounge wheel weights here in the Tampa Bay area but it is becoming a rather unpleasant task - Thought I might try to buy some metal - I like linotype and that is really scarce.

If I could get a reasonable price (to me reasonable) I might hit the savings account and purchase say 2K to 4K pounds.

That should last close to the rest of my life - I am very frightened of Barrak and Hillary - I thing pretty soon it is going to take a very expensive license from the EPA to buy casting metal - I want to act now!

Thanks,

Jerry

targetshootr
06-02-2008, 09:48 AM
There's lots of lead flying around in Iraq and Dubya would be glad to have you there. All I know is to look for local scrap yards.

:castmine:

218bee
06-02-2008, 09:53 AM
In my searches for the same on the "net" there is a place called "rotometals" and another place in Alabama (can't remember the name unless its rotometals and I'm confused". Do a search for lead scrap, or lead ingots or pig lead and see what you come up with. Shipping will be $$$, but maybe you can find someone local. I have thought of this myself but have not taken the plunge. Hoping lead will come down in price a bit. Let us know if you have any luck. Might be good if you can get a few guys together to help split cost and buy bigger quantity