PDA

View Full Version : 38-55 .382 sizing die needed

wink
06-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi Guys I'm now to the point of needing a .382 sizing die., for my 38-55 Marlin. Been looking all over but appears I will have to hone out a smaller dia. die. Source for a correct die? Honing links or other!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Newbie, but got the casting down. Wink

docone31
06-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Lee can make one for you.
I heard they were about 25$. Contact them, they are easy to work with.

ktw
06-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi Guys I'm now to the point of needing a .382 sizing die., for my 38-55 Marlin. Been looking all over but appears I will have to hone out a smaller dia. die. Source for a correct die? Honing links or other!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Newbie, but got the casting down. Wink

Lee will make one of their push-through sizing dies to any size you desire. Details are on on their web site.

Buffalo Arms will hone out Lyman/RCBS dies to your desired size and make you a new punch pin if necessary. This will run you around $40.

Magma Engineering will make Star sizing dies in any size you want.

There are instructions here on this site for honing an existing die out larger. Keep in mind that if you try to hone out a Lyman/RCBS die more than a couple of thousandths you are also likely to need a larger diameter punch pin and fabricating one of those can be more challenging (for many of us) than the die honing work. The closest normal Lyman/RCBS sizer die you can buy is .379.

-ktw

wink
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!! This has been quite a project from start to almost finish. Net working, Cast BOOLITS, why do I worry. Wink

oneokie
06-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Forum member Buckshot makes sizer dies to order, FYI.

ben1025
06-02-2008, 08:18 AM
Buckshot made a couple of Lee type for me. Came out perfect.