PDA

View Full Version : NOE HTC 356-135 Load Data

Boomer27
09-08-2016, 05:51 PM
So I've casted hundreds of bullets with this mould after figuring out how to use it. I've powder coated them all in HF red after going through that challenging endeavor. Now I'm ready to load them up, but first I need to know how much powder to use...

I'd like to stick with Power Pistol just because I don't feel like driving 30 minutes away to Bass Pro to pick up something different.

I've read through my Hornady reloading manual 9th edition and it didn't say anything about 9mm cast bullets and how much to use for them. So I dusted off my Lyman's 49th edition and saw they have THEIR cast bullets in here with load data. For the 120gr they have it starting out with 5gr, and the 147gr is starting at 4.1gr.

Am I crazy for starting at 4.0gr right off the bat? I don't want to have an extremely light charge where it wont even cycle the guns and I definitely don't want to it to blow out my barrel.

Any info or suggestions are always greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

V/R,
Mike

runfiverun
09-08-2016, 07:52 PM
4 is about where I'd start.
the powder coating will want a bit more in the long run.
but 4grs sounds like a reasonable starting point to me.

Yodogsandman
09-08-2016, 08:05 PM
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/qldata.php

Boomer27
09-09-2016, 07:16 PM
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/qldata.php

Ive tried downloading it but getting to the actual data was more of a challenge, for some reason.

I appreciate the go-ahead, runfiverun. I just loaded some to use as a benchmark. Hopefully, tomorrow it'll go as intended.

Flinch
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure how light this load is but make sure any new light loads clear the barrel.

runfiverun
09-09-2016, 08:15 PM
it's about the same as using 4 grs of unique.
a fairly popular load with the cast boolits guy's.
the powder he is using flips and flops back and forth between unique and herco the same as BE-86 does.
the lower friction of the P/C helps this be an even more safe load.
as long as he isn't seating the round to an oal of something silly like 0.980 or something like that, this should be a safe manageable load.