PDA

View Full Version : Oh Fun

Johnch
09-07-2016, 11:59 PM
I have not been on in a while
I wish I was able to

About 3 weeks ago I got a Migraine that wouldn't go away
So first I went to the ER and got put on a 24 Hour Hold as they pumped IV Pain and Migraine meds into me
Not sure what they give you , but you feel no pain .... or much of anything for a while
That worked for just over a day after I got home and then the migraine came back

So I had my Lady call the Migraine Doc and he had me go back to the hospital and put in a Pain Managment area where I got a BUNCH of Doctors and nurses drawing blood and running tests to make sure it was a Migraine

Got to stay there just less than 7 days .... that bill to Ohio WorkMans Comp should be interesting

I was told it was a type of migraine , but one of the ones they aren't real sure on the best way to treat ....LOTS of meds (Many weren't pain meds ) is on the short list that seemed to work

They gave me a new set of meds to take every day and even more if I felt a migraine starting

So I also had a LONG list of things NOT to do or eat
TV , internet , radio , bright lights , loud noise , fluorescent lights or LED lights ( both flicker ), salt , sugar , most spices and most any food that even tastes good was on the NO NO list

I also had a monitor to wear that checked stuff 24 hours a day

Oh I also get to write down EVERYTHING I do and at what time for the next 3 weeks
So the Doc's can see if something I am doing or eating is a trigger

Then Tuesday I had a nerve block on the 4 nerves that run up the back of your neck , another one in a week ...these are what you feel with for about 2/3 of your head

So right now I get to sit around and be bored

Not sure witch of the new meds is doing it , but I get tired QUICK , but was told this would happen
When I go back to the Doc in 3 weeks
He will have a time table as to when I can stop taking one of the meds for 2 weeks
I then go in for blood work to see ??? not sure what they are looking for

Oh well
I do have more time to load
So I have loaded a BUNCH of 38 plinking loads
As I found with ear muffs AND the noise canceling ear buds
I can't really even here the revolver going off
So my Lady has been taking me to the range for a hour or 2 every few days ....so I can kill some paper targets
And Yes , I write the drive , start and finish time and the drive home

Also several of the Good people I shoot with
Have made sure that I will have range lead to use
As 5 gallon buckets full of range lead keep showing up in the barn
One day I will get those 4 jokers over and we will make US a bunch of ingots

Have fun

I will be lurking as much as I can
And ASAP I will fire up the lead pots and try 2 of the new molds I have not had a chance to try yeat

Have fun
John

44man
09-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Carol gets head aches. Sometimes bad but I never get one. I have no pains anywhere but she has knee problems. She says it is because I DRINK, WELL?
Seen an old man on the news, looked 50 but he was 107 years old. He drinks 4 bottles of wine a day, 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner. He was raised on a vineyard and always drank wine.
I don't suggest to become an alcoholic by any means but maybe a glass of wine now and then is better then the docs.
Nerve pressure at the neck can cause it. Maybe a chiropractor can help. One cured 3 bulged disks in Carols back. Car accident from a dopey girl that ran into her. She could not walk but the machine the doc used fixed her.

xs11jack
09-08-2016, 08:29 PM
May God's blessing be on you you and your lady. I will pray for you.
Ole Jack

Half Dog
09-08-2016, 08:36 PM
I wish you the best.

shoot-n-lead
09-08-2016, 08:41 PM
Prayer sent for them to find the trigger of these debilitating migraines.