PDA

View Full Version : Home again

kmw1954
09-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Just arrived back home from my 3rd Hospital stay in the last 12 months. along with my 3rd Cardio Cath. This time they didn't find anything new and didn't add any stents. Arms once again look and feel like pin cushions. Just wish they could determine the cause of all this. Once again they think it may have been another clot passing thru.

My greatest hope is that all my new friends here will learn the warning signs and heed them. May save your life. At times it may seems the Dr.'s may over do it and over react but I do understand why.

Good health to all!

woody290
09-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Praying that they find the cause and for a complete recovery.

bedbugbilly
09-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Prayers headed your way and I hope they can determine what it is and get you on the road to recovery.

I had a major heart attack when I was 43. A month later, I had triple by-pas and then angioplasty several times. At the time of my heart attack, my Dad had passed away a few months prior and I was helping my mother care for him . . a lot of stress. When I looked back on it, I had a number of warning signs but just didn't pay attention to them.

As you point out . . . people need to be award of warning signs, no matter how insignificant they may seem. Get them checked out and then follow what the Drs. tell you. It may be nothing more than a lifestyle change . . . low fat diet . . . more exercise, whatever . . . but do it. Men in particular seem to have to play the "macho" role and think they can "shake things off" . . not always true and take that as the "voice of experience".

Take care and hopefully you'll be feeling fit as a fiddle soon. I think I can speak for others when I say that we are all pulling for you!

shoot-n-lead
09-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Prayer sent.

kmw1954
09-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Really hate going thru all this for them to not find anything.

Thanks to all for the prayers and well wishes.

runfiverun
09-07-2016, 11:28 PM
just cause they ain't found it, don't mean there ain't something there.

you might have to do some research on your own and narrow down the symptoms.

kmw1954
09-08-2016, 01:30 AM
just cause they ain't found it, don't mean there ain't something there.

you might have to do some research on your own and narrow down the symptoms.

This was the second trip in 3 months, last time they did add a stent, This time they didn't see any changes from the last time. We already know that there are 4 other occlusions that can't be stented yet so somewhere down the road I'll be going back. So far the meds seem to be slowing that. At this point any type of heart burn makes me very nervous.

For those that don't know, angina feels just like heart burn until a pain starts going up the left arm. For me now when it gets to the elbow I'm on the phone to 911. When it gets to the shoulder or neck that's not a good thing.

The last one was stent number 11, at least they haven't had to crack my chest yet.

buckwheatpaul
09-08-2016, 07:13 AM
kmw1954 thank for your post and the warning signs that your body sends you.

Father, thank You for healing kmw1954 serious heart issues. Please continue to heal him and return him to good health. Father, You are the Great Healer and I give you all the praise for the things You do for us. AMEN

w5pv
09-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Amen prayers sent

Boaz
09-08-2016, 07:25 AM

Father, thank You for healing kmw1954 serious heart issues. Please continue to heal him and return him to good health. Father, You are the Great Healer and I give you all the praise for the things You do for us. AMEN

Amen .

kmw1954
09-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Once again I would like to thank everyone for the prayers and well wishes. The hardest part of this is knowing there is no cure just slowing.

Reading more last night this appears to be what is called unstable angina which is a good thing in a way in that this is like the bodies early warning system to tell us there is a problem. The opposite is a silent MI, myocardial infarction, which can happen with no warning and can lead to cardiac arrest.

shoot-n-lead
09-09-2016, 01:17 AM

Father, thank you for healing kmw1954 serious heart issues. Please continue to heal him and return him to good health. Father, you are the great healer and i give you all the praise for the things you do for us. Amen

A m e n !

lead-1
09-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Prayers sent! <><

SSGOldfart
09-09-2016, 05:32 PM

Amen, been there couple of times myself,not fun but very necessary.

kmw1954
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Today the spot where they put the IV into my bicep has a bruise the size of a baseball. The other arm where they went in for the cath has hardly any bruising at all and that was a much larger hole. Back of my right hand is also very bruised from another IV and all the blood draws they did.

Next all these years I was skeptical of the daily baby aspirin until I did all that reading the other night. Wow the statistics are staggering and I'm sold.