PDA

View Full Version : Auto Correct Feature

Shiloh
09-05-2016, 09:26 PM
When you type in the word "boolits", the auto-correct makes it "bolts".
Anyway to to have one of the moderator's fix the auto correct feature??

There are other words as well. Who is the moderator I get in touch with??

Shiloh

runfiverun
09-05-2016, 09:43 PM
ain't me.
mine just say's I'm spellin It wrong, it don't change it.

you can right click the word [boolit] and tell your spell check to add it to your dictionary.

lightman
09-05-2016, 10:32 PM
I've learned that auto correct is not always your friend.

NavyVet1959
09-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Auto-correct is on your local machine / browser, not the server. When I type it under the FireFox browser, the suggested word is "booklets". When I type it under Google Chrome's the suggestions are "bool its", "bool-its", and "booklets".

Sounds like you are using a smartphone / tablet... Those things really murder your typing...

dromia
09-06-2016, 03:40 AM
Nothing we can do about your auto correct, it is feature of the software you use to view the site not a Cast Boolits feature.

I use Firefox and have just added "boolits" to the spelling dictionary, simple.

No_1
09-06-2016, 04:40 AM
The site does not have a auto-correct feature. It is most likely something with your browser. As others have said, just add the words to your browsers dictionary.

09-06-2016, 06:07 AM
When you type in the word "boolits", the auto-correct makes it "bolts".
Anyway to to have one of the moderator's fix the auto correct feature??

There are other words as well. Who is the moderator I get in touch with??

Shiloh

Annoying as heck, especially when I'm trying to send a text and it's sort of technical. Drives me nuts! Anyway, next time you type boolit and autocorrect pops up, right click and add it to your dictionary and it won't come up in the future. Just make sure you have it spelled correctly before you add it!

Shiloh
09-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Thanks folks!!
I thought it was something on the CastBoolits server. I'll play around with it.

Shiloh

gwpercle
09-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Caliber keeps coming out caliper....I wondered why so many people kept making that mistake , then it did it to me...everytime. I had to keep going back and correct the spell check.
Right click I understand.....my dictionary is on the book shelf....I wish I knew more about these things...it's confusing.

NavyVet1959
09-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Caliber keeps coming out caliper....I wondered why so many people kept making that mistake , then it did it to me...everytime. I had to keep going back and correct the spell check.
Right click I understand.....my dictionary is on the book shelf....I wish I knew more about these things...it's confusing.

What type of computer and browser are you using?

dromia
09-06-2016, 02:10 PM

That is because the word is calibre.

Guesser
09-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Then there is the ever present change to "mother forklift"

NavyVet1959
09-06-2016, 03:20 PM
That is because the word is calibre.

Thou art drunque... :)

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM
you should be able to "teach" spellchecker/auto-correct software. The spellchecker software on my laptop, is easy to add to vocabulary.

dromia
09-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Calibre, meaning: "The internal diameter (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/diameter#diameter__2) or bore of a gun barrel (http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/barrel#barrel__6)."

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/calibre

warf73
09-07-2016, 02:56 AM
Should be easy enough to change it on your computer, my lap top which is a chromebook 2, and the 2 PC's I use are all the same(all 3 with different OS's). Right click on the red unlined word and add to directory. I've even added boolits to my android devices aka tables and cell phone.