PDA

View Full Version : Interested in getting my daughter a muzzleloading shotgun

Rio
09-02-2016, 10:22 PM
She has taken a huge interest in shooting trap with a traditional shotgun. We live near NMLRA and she would like to try to compete some probably next year. When I started looking at manufactured ml shotguns I was supprised at the prices of a new one. Am I looking at the wrong stuff or is it gonna cost 1 k for a ml shotgun?

Ithaca Gunner
09-02-2016, 11:41 PM
I guess it depends on what you want. I would think you could get a TC New Englander 12ga. for a lot less than a grand. A Mortimer on the other hand will run you close to or over that. Do a search on Gun Broker or Guns America. See what turns up.

pietro
09-03-2016, 04:04 AM

SxS or O/U double shotguns are rightfully more expensive to both manufacture & buy than a single barreled shotgun.

swathdiver
09-03-2016, 06:28 AM
20 Gauge Pedersoli's show up every few months for sale across the net, they still fetch a hefty sum for a used item as folks like them. There are a number of 12 gauge Pedersoli and Pietta's on GB right now, the Pietta's haven't been made in 22 years and while many parts are still available, the tang isn't anymore. I took the locks off my Pietta the other day and noticed BOTH bridles were busted but she kept working fine, for how long I won't venture to guess!

bubba.50
09-04-2016, 02:57 PM
there is a 12ga by committee T/C on gunbroker with a $350.00 openin' price on it. the camo barrel is from a Tree Hawk shotgun & has screw-in choke tube. the lock, tang & trigger/triggerguard are from a New Englander and the camo synthetic stock is from the T/C accessory shop.

T/C painted/coated there camo jobs over a perfectly blued barrel so it could be removed & you'd have a much nicer lookin' gun.