PDA

View Full Version : Learned and reinforced a few things toda

clintsfolly
09-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Few mouths back had a small accident in the shop! Was doing some glue ups on the bench and need just a few inches of room. So I pushed and thud there when my RCBS lead pot on the floor. Few day later was going to cast a few bullets and the thing leaked all the lead out. After a little time on the phone and looking found the problem and the parts where on the way.
So today got the tools,parts and busted pot all together and started. 1.1/2hrs and one trip to the hardware. I now have a working and nonleaking pot.
What did I learn (1) there are more parts inside a pot then you think.(2) keep it back from the edge of the bench. (3) was Easier then I thought it would be!
What did I reinforce. RCBS gas great customer service!!!

bedbugbilly
09-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Well . . . some days just seem to go that way! Most folks would probably say a bigger bench top would be an advantage - but then all that does is give a larger area to lay and put things. One good thing did occur though - it didn't go thud on your foot! Glad the repair went well and you're backing working order. I have only had to call RCBS a couple of times and those were to find some information out about older items that I had questions about or to find out if they still had parts for out in the warehouse somewhere. The folks there have alway been very helpful, friendly and gone the extra mile to help if they could. Good folks!

lightman
09-01-2016, 09:02 PM
RCBS has great customer service, glad they took care of you.

leeggen
09-01-2016, 09:45 PM
Yes but if it landed on his foot the pot probably would not need repair. Although his foot would be in a cast and then he could just set around and cast more.
Just glad no one got hurt, and sometimes a bigger bench is worth the time.
CD

JSnover
09-01-2016, 10:02 PM
A bigger bench is a must if you start shoving things overboard. I have two rollaway tool boxes with a wooden deck across the tops to form my bench. Presses, etc. bolted on, plus plenty of storage for anything that doesn't need to be on deck at the moment… though it does take some discipline to put everything away sometimes.

runfiverun
09-01-2016, 11:55 PM
3 of my 4 are bolted to the bench top.

Storydude
09-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Available **** will grow to fill every flat surface in a workshop.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Available **** will grow to fill every flat surface in a workshop.
Ain't that the truth.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-02-2016, 12:26 PM
3 of my 4 are bolted to the bench top.
Yes, one of my two are fastened to the bench.
the other sits (empty) on the shelf, as a backup, waiting to be bolted to the bench.

blackthorn
09-03-2016, 11:31 AM
If you-all bolted stuff to the ends of the bench --- nothing could fall off --- just saying--