PDA

View Full Version : Donations

dondiego
08-29-2016, 11:13 AM
This is the second year in a row where, as soon as the donation period rolls around, I write a check, send it in, it is cashed, and then my name is removed from the donation rolls as evidenced by it not appearing on my profile/handle area right now. The first time I donated I used PayPal but since I was informed that they are antigun I don't use PayPal anymore for any reason. There was some message in red above to renew my subscription but I didn't think that I was subscribed to anything so I ignored it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Don

imashooter2
08-29-2016, 11:22 AM
A donation to the server fund isn't a team membership. To buy a team membersip, click on the "Team Boolits" button next to the red donate button just below the paid advertisements at the top of the page.

08-29-2016, 01:08 PM
A donation to the server fund isn't a team membership. To buy a team membersip, click on the "Team Boolits" button next to the red donate button just below the paid advertisements at the top of the page.

...and I did just the opposite. I bought a team membership thinking that's how I donate to the server fund. lol.

runfiverun
08-29-2016, 02:44 PM
it all ends up at the same place.

dondiego
08-30-2016, 09:22 AM
Don't I still qualify for a "Contributor" flag on my handle next to my "NRA life Member" flag?

runfiverun
08-30-2016, 11:37 AM
you should.
Willey is super far behind on the contributor thing and even getting the list made up has been slowed down by a couple of little issues with the server.
I don't communicate with him all that often [ever] but I know the list is far from complete.

matrixcs
08-30-2016, 11:48 AM
I am in the same boat... renewal check cashed. I guess he must be way behind because I have not received a response to my PM inquiry...
I am not in any particular hurry and expect he will get it done fairly soon....

rancher1913
08-30-2016, 10:20 PM
was wondering about this as well, sent check for server and I am not listed in donor roll. doesn't really matter just curious.

dondiego
08-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Ok, if he is behind he will catch up eventually and that is good. It may not matter, but I had one member tell me that he wouldn't have offered me a product at a certain price if I didn't have my donation flag by handle, so it does matter to some in that regard. I am glad that Willie made his goal and it is sure nice to be around so many stand up guys.
Don

leeggen
08-31-2016, 09:08 PM
To me the name on the donor list is an ok thing but my check was cashed and that tells me they got it, the wife and I don't care if our name is listed. I would think with 40,000 plus members Willy could be WAY behind.JMO
CD

.455 Webley
09-05-2016, 10:05 PM
I have been checking the Donation list from time to time also, mostly for proof that the check arrived where it was supposed to. I will however feel a little like Navin Johnson in "The Jerk" when his name shows up in the new phone books.

crowbuster
09-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I would just like to thank all you guys for giving to the site. I like this place and hope it sticks around.

doctorxring
09-06-2016, 06:16 PM
I would just like to thank all you guys for giving to the site. I like this place and hope it sticks around.

Crow -- Your Inbox is full. I'm trying to send you a message. (also sent email)

thanks, Chris

slim1836
09-06-2016, 06:23 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?314657-Where-s-the-Donors-List

Read post #'s 9 & 13.

Slim

TXGunNut
09-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Didn't get to donate to the server fund this time around, you guys hit that goal in a big hurry! I'll have to be a little quicker next time.