PDA

View Full Version : Bullseye Systems Target Camera

wch
08-28-2016, 02:29 PM
I'm handicapped to the extent that a couple hundred yard walk to post a target will make me sit down for a while and breathe deeply, so I am consideing the 300 Yard sight-in system for more fun at the range.
Have any of you used this system?
What's your opinion of it?
Thanks.

dverna
08-28-2016, 02:58 PM
For load work up and testing I find that turning a target around and putting target dots every 4" works well. I normally put up 3 or 4 targets so that gives a lot of groups before doing a target change.

I think a good spotting scope would be better if you are shooting iron sights or a low power scope. If you want a record, use a phone to snap the pictures you want.

wch
08-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Good ideas, thank you.

Butchman205
08-28-2016, 03:53 PM
If I had more time to spend at the range, I'm pretty sure I'd get one. I shot at several places that have the monitors and camera set up...very helpful. One place had a "save button" that would do the equivalent of a screen shot. That was super cool. Definitely a "have to have" if I was at a long range more often.

-Butchman

Doc Highwall
08-28-2016, 04:46 PM
I have a Kowa spotting scope with the fluorite lens that I use the 27X long eye relief eye piece, and on some days the mirage is so bad the you can hardly see the 22 caliber bullet holes at 200 yards. I also have the 1 mile version of the Bullseye and it works to 1 mile. My range goes to 300 yards and I wanted to make sure it would work at that distance so that is why I bought it.

It works better then any spotting scope at a distance when the heat mirage is running. As an added benefit you can capture shots and record data at a later time. This is a valuable tool that can be used in conjunction with a chronograph, allowing you to plot velocities against bullet impact.

Remember low extreme spreads in velocity do not take into account barrel vibrations resulting in different bullet impacts. Think of it as a better way to do a ladder test capturing each shots impact on the target in real time.

I will be using mine again soon, to help tune my barrel tuner on my 22lr. bench rest gun as soon as I finish machining the new bedding block.

WFO2
08-28-2016, 04:55 PM
I like mine the only problem is seeing it in bright sunshine on laptop or I pad .