PDA

View Full Version : Computer miseries

xs11jack
08-25-2016, 12:53 PM
I am an admitted computer total illiterate. So, I will try to explain what I did and ask your help. A couple of months ago I went looking for a program that would convert WPS files to ODT files. After a long search I found a program that was really great. It work on your files on it's site and download them back to my computer. But I did not bookmark the site and now I can't find it even after hours of searching. The site as I remember it had two columns, the left one you used to pick the file protocol you wish to change and the right side you picked the file protocol you wanted the file changed to. Now, also in the right hand column you clicked on a browse button that you used to list the files you wanted converted. The key word is files, you can list many files to be converted at one time. I remember listing 10, 15 or more files at a time. I am so frustrated that I can't find this site again, it is driving me nuts. There are a bunch of single file converter out there but I have a large number of files to change. Help!!!
Ole Jack
editing.... I forgot to add that the service is free.

farmerjim
08-25-2016, 01:04 PM
If you install open office you can open the WPS file then save it as an ODT. Then you have both.
Open office is free off the net and will do about anything MS office will do.

Boolit_Head
08-25-2016, 01:17 PM
Could it be this?

http://www.zamzar.com/convert/wps-to-doc/

xs11jack
08-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Boolit Head, I am sorry, I tried Zamzar but it wouldn't work. Farmer Jim, I am going to give yours a try. Thank you both.
Ole Jack

JWFilips
08-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Open Office
http://www.openoffice.org/download/

victorfox
08-25-2016, 09:21 PM
+1 for open office. it even opens DOCX XLSX files and can print any file it opens directly in PDF with a click.

Interface is easy, not that maze of newer MS offices...

dragon813gt
08-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Open Office is great. I found it when putting together my resume. Needed a program that saved to .pdf. I've been using it ever since and it works great. I do save in standard MS formats since I can open and work on them w/ any program.