PDA

View Full Version : Could you help and share a link for my Dog Sophia.

gray wolf
08-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Men I need a big favor and I hope you can help.

I am asking if you all could share a Facebook or Twitter link for me? Julie and I have a go fund me kind of thing trying to raise some funds to help my dog Sophia.

She has a Vet visit for the early part of Sept. for a lump on her neck pressing on her throat.

The first look see visit will probably be about $200. We think we can handle that,
not easy but we are going to try. We hope the old truck can handle the 160 mile round trip.

If she needs surgery and it looks like that is the case, at least at this point.

That is my problem, it will cost way more than we can handle.
So Julie put up a help us page to try and raise some funds.

All I ask is that if you guy's could just share the link on your social media
If you can.

Like all dog and animal lovers, I to love this little Dog, she is my friend and I just can't let her down.

If you could do this it would be huge help to us.

Here is the link

Thank you

Sam & Julie

https://www.youcaring.com/sophie-the-labradoodle-630912

Artful
08-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Posted to facebook and gave a little something - so they charge you an extra $1 to donate?

toallmy
08-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Want to mark this thread so I can find it .

gray wolf
08-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Thank you Art and anyone else who can share this. I think that may be PayPal who adds the dollar. Not the funding site. They don't charge anything like the others do.

Sam and Julie

1911sw45
08-24-2016, 06:08 PM
If you click on other amount and put $0.00. It's only your donation taken out. Graywolf we gave 10.00 it's not much. We pray God will look over your dog.

WBA
08-24-2016, 06:28 PM
Shared on both, will be thinking of you. I know how much the furry ones become part of the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaryB
08-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Shared to facebook. Have you tried getting a Care Credit credit card? I am having some dental done and it is the only way I can afford it... many vets take it too. https://www.carecredit.com/apply/ When Tigger got sick it is how I afforded the $250 vet bill, $25 a month...

gray wolf
08-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Thank you Mary!

Sam and Julie

gray wolf
08-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Julie has thanked you all, and now I thank you.
I thank you for even reading my post,
and For sharing my dogs needs with the folks in your social media.
We are also thankful to those that have helped with a donation for Sophia.

I would also like to make this pledge to all the members and to cast bullets.

Any money raised through this effort that exceeds the needs of my Dogs medical requirements,
will be donated back to cast bullets in the form of a donation ( every left over cent ).
I will also post the Vet bills for all to see.

I want nothing more than to help my little friend, and to save her life if that need arises.

Thankful to all

Sam

Gar
08-25-2016, 04:04 PM
Sam,
I don't have Facebook or any other social media (besides here of course), but I did put up a small donation for Sophia.
Take care,
Gar

gray wolf
08-25-2016, 04:38 PM
GAR,

Thank you so much

Sam

jcren
08-26-2016, 12:28 AM
We couldnt spare much, but many hands make light work. Bump for a great cause.

gray wolf
08-26-2016, 02:27 PM
JCREN

Sir, thank you so much

Sam

gray wolf
08-26-2016, 02:47 PM
When it rains it pours

I guess it will stop someday,
Julie just got home to tell me the starter is gone on the truck, Oh man what next ?

Here we are trying to take care of the dog and now I get hit with a bill for a starter.
I don't think it will be cheep, What do I do ? get the starter and not take care of Sophia ?
If I get the truck fixed how do I pay the Vet bill ? Catch 22
How do I do both things ?

forgive me guy's, I just found this out so my 74 year old bones are a tad rattled

Sam

1911sw45
08-26-2016, 03:45 PM
Hang in there Sam!

Artful
08-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Sam, did you check on Mary B's https://www.carecredit.com/apply/ thing?

Maybe the Mechanic will help by taking payments?

gray wolf
08-26-2016, 04:00 PM
carecredit will not work for us, the mechanic will take some cash and a post dated check.

DerekP Houston
08-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Ain't got much til payday but maybe that'll help a bit. Shared and bump to the top.

gray wolf
08-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Got it, everything helps at this point.

Julie and Sam

buckwheatpaul
08-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Sam and Julie, Got some $ coming your way, via PayPal, to help.....dogs run our home and we know how important Sophia is to you all....Paul

DerekP Houston
08-26-2016, 07:24 PM
Wishing I hadn't spend that money on more primers and lead now =/ always find stuff like this *after* I spent all my fun money. Sorry for your pain, hope Sophia pulls through with just a fatty tumor.

gray wolf
08-26-2016, 09:04 PM
God bless you folk.

Julie

MaryB
08-26-2016, 11:30 PM
Okay guy I have an extra Cast Boolits forum gun cleaning mat available for auction. Blue in color. I will pay the shipping and bids start at $12. Best I can do right now being the end of the month and social security only goes so far! 4 day auction that will be down in the swap section.

Alvarez Kelly
08-26-2016, 11:39 PM
gray wolf. Your in box is full.

gray wolf
08-26-2016, 11:59 PM
gray wolf. Your in box is full.

Cleared out some clutter in the inbox. Sam is sleeping, shhhh.......

Julie (who is heading to be soon also.....)

gray wolf
08-27-2016, 12:54 AM
Thank you, Mary. This is very kind of you.

Julie and Sam

Okay guy I have an extra Cast Boolits forum gun cleaning mat available for auction. Blue in color. I will pay the shipping and bids start at $12. Best I can do right now being the end of the month and social security only goes so far! 4 day auction that will be down in the swap section.

mactool
08-27-2016, 05:16 AM
A little something is on its way
Br mactool

gray wolf
08-27-2016, 08:48 AM
A little something is on its way
Br mactool

Thank you so much.

Sam and Julie

Wise Owl
08-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Sophie sends this to all of you. With kissies...

Wise Owl
08-28-2016, 10:47 AM
I just want to praise God for all of the wonderful people here at Cast Boolets. You folk are the best. Not everyone can open their hearts for a little black dog like thing.

Thank you and God bless.

lightman
08-28-2016, 07:54 PM
I'm not hooked up with PayPal but if you will PM me an address I will send some cash your way. Sorry to hear about your hard luck, hope things get better for you guys.

Markbo
08-29-2016, 12:39 AM
Done.

jcren
08-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Bump for a good cause. Don't know what our total membership is, but I bet a couple bucks each would go a long way for these folks.

9w1911
09-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Bump and shared on Facebook.

DerekP Houston
09-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Back to the top with you and another small donation to keep things moving. Hoping for good news on the doggy front.

Artful
09-01-2016, 02:26 PM
So when does she go in for Vet Exam?

Wow, Just over half way to goal - excellent

gray wolf
09-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Thank you for asking, Sept. 7 in the afternoon.

We hope the truck will make it.

Our Mechanic said no more inspection stickers, the truck will not pass anymore.
To much rust underneath and the exhaust is leaking.

It has been a good truck and we will never be able to thank you all for getting it for us.

I can't even think of it now with all that is going on.

Sam

gray wolf
09-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Well my little friends Vet visit came and went yesterday and she did well.
The Vet looked at all three lumps on her body with special attention to the large one on her Neck.
She aspirated the one on her neck and checked it out under her microscope.

Her results were ( fatty tumors ) And she needs to loose 15 pounds, I guess we love her to much,
or she loves the Spaghetti from the table to much.

Needles to say we are very happy.
We are also very grateful to all here that helped us with our problem.

Seems I have had many occasion to thank this forum,
You folks have never let Julie and I down. That say's a lot for folks you have never met.
We truly thank you for your Prayers and contributions.
I am going to figure out what it cost for all of this and I want to return the extra Money.
Some folks may want it back, Some may not, and some may have a suggestion or two.

Thank you

Sam

Alvarez Kelly
09-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Fix or replace your truck.

lightman
09-08-2016, 07:35 PM
I vote to put in in your emergency fund. Glad your little friend had a better than expected check-up. We sure get attached to them!

jcren
09-08-2016, 07:48 PM
Keep it. It was given to help y'all with your needs.

Thumbcocker
09-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Truck fund or as you see fit.

Markbo
09-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Amen.

buckwheatpaul
09-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Fix or replace your truck.

If I have a vote in it...put on your truck repairs....winter is a commin'.......Paul

MaryB
09-08-2016, 11:29 PM
Truck repairs and you have another $120 coming! Soon as it clears my bank next week!

wildwilly
09-09-2016, 03:35 AM
Truck fund or as you see fit.

+1. Truck rehab.

DerekP Houston
09-09-2016, 08:24 AM
I vote to put in in your emergency fund. Glad your little friend had a better than expected check-up. We sure get attached to them!

That's my vote too. Glad to hear about the good news! I have some fatty tumors myself and could stand to loose some weight ;).

edit: truck repairs are a good idea too, if the ol' girl is worth sinking more money into.

shaper
09-09-2016, 10:09 AM
Sam. What make and model is the truck? Has your mechanic told you how much it would take to get the truck on the road again?

gray wolf
09-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Sam. What make and model is the truck? Has your mechanic told you how much it would take to get the truck on the road again?

Truck is a 1998 ford expedition.
No he did not, what he said was it's done, I ask why ? is it the body rust ?, he said undercarriage rust and small amount of body rust, exhaust is leaking, + I am sure it needs shocks, the front end goes up and down and up and down when you go over a bump. The truck is 18 years old and almost 200,000 Miles on her.

Julie and I have put money into it as it was needed, not like we have not done the up-keep.
But up to now the costs have been manageable, he made us pay in two payments.

Big set back when it happens but we have got it done, we just do without for a while.

Things were easier when I was younger, like 65 or so. Now at 74 everything seems to be a challenge.
I'm waiting for this great old age everyone talks about, ain't seen it yet.

Here in Maine all the salt on the winter roads is terrible on the under part of a vehicle.

I will ask him for a more definitive answer as to what it would take to make it worthy again.

The car cost for used and new are out of site today. I don't know how people do it, I just don't know.

I truly thank you for the concerns.

Sam

shaper
09-11-2016, 12:25 AM
mileage should not be much of an issue. My everyday truck is a 89 Silverado with over 400,000 on it. But we don't have the salt problem you have in Maine. Our problem in the south is different from yours. Our transmission and motors wear out way before the body wears out. The junk yards are full of good bodies. I recently saw a 2002 Cadillac brought in for scrap because the motor was bad. Let us know how things are going with the truck.

gray wolf
09-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Sorry I took so long with the Mechanics report, we just got back from talking with him.

Here is what he said:
Gas line filler pipe has a hole in it, Have to get that fixed tomorrow.
Shocks, exhaust muffler and tail pipe, body rust, Plus a host of other things, he was not specific.
He said about $2,500 and something else could go 1 hour latter after we left the garage.

His recommendation was to put the money ( that we don't have ) into something else.

So it doesn't look that good for us.

Sam

MaryB
09-13-2016, 09:31 PM
More help coming! I know where you are at because my truck is a rust bucket... and I am facing $5k of dental work in the next year...

Wise Owl
09-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Prayers up for you Mary. I see you are in a boat similar to ours.

Julie

PS. Sophie is doing fine.