PDA

View Full Version : Views and Unread Posts

Bent Ramrod
08-22-2016, 04:55 PM
Probably not a Frequently Asked Question, but I've wondered about it frequently. How are the Views and Unread Posts tallied up?

For instance, if a given person views a thread once, is that the only View that is counted for him, regardless of how many times the viewer goes back for another View? Or does his number of Views reset if somebody else posts on that thread before he views it again, giving him another View counted into the total? If the thread is dead, with no new posts and somebody views it again, does it rack up another View even though the person has already viewed it, maybe multiple times?

I notice I'll get on the site, and it will say I have, say, 227 Unread Posts. I'll go onto a few threads on a few Forums and read a post or two on each, and it will say I have, say, 59 Unread Posts. I have not read anywhere near 168 posts. By the end of my visit, it might say I have 72 Unread Posts. Presumably, some people have posted while I was reading somewhere else, but where did the original number disappear to? Could somebody tell me how these numbers are determined?

Thanks in advance; just curious.

No_1
08-23-2016, 04:34 AM
The "views" you speak of are the unread post since last time you visited the page. Unfortunately when you click to the next page the "un-read post" are what has come in since last time you clicked a page.

w5pv
08-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Vote Trump

Bent Ramrod
08-23-2016, 09:39 AM
Thanks, No. 1.