PDA

View Full Version : Component shortages

Vinne
08-21-2016, 10:57 PM
I saw in a magazine about the cost of components going up again due to the November election. The fear factor is kicking in again and it will be hard to get supplies due to all the hoarding going on. I know 22s are still high if not hard to get and only certain powders can still be found.

Is anyone else starting to see a shortage?? I for one will hate to go back to the times of empty shelves!!

maxreloader
08-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Powder, Primers, bullets, brass and factory ammo up the yazoo here in NH and ME... but shhhhhhh.... dont tell anybody.

Hick
08-22-2016, 12:14 AM
No shortage here. I've been buying a lot lately but only because one local store has just recently started stocking components and is selling primers and powder below the typical local price (1k primers $15 lower than other local stores). I don't understand why their prices are lower than others, but I'm buying.

runfiverun
08-22-2016, 04:51 AM
not really.
I did have to buy green-dot instead of red-dot and cfe-223 in the 8lb jug is a no show.
but I did see some aa-2230 in the 8lb size yesterday, it's only taken 7-8 years for that to show up.
primers are there, jacketed bullets are there, powder is there, 22's are there, brass by Winchester and star-line is there.
there was even some sale price stickers on some different [mostly] Norma powders, some bullets, and a few guns.

rototerrier
08-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Things looking good here in GA. I've been buying powders and primers as needed to not dig into my stock/stash. Prices are a little high, buy that seems to be normal for now.

dragon813gt
08-22-2016, 09:21 AM
Gun owners are their own worse enemy. Threads like this are starting to pop up often on all the forums. It's a self fulfilling prophecy at this point. A shortage will occur because people whip themselves into a frenzy.

I can still get what I want locally. If anything stock is better than it was a few months ago. I don't expect that to last because of said prophecy.

sargenv
08-22-2016, 09:37 AM
I've been buying (for resale) for my club since components have become available about 18 months ago.. and I think I've hit the local saturation point.. where I'd been selling $$$$ worth of components.. this last USPSA match I only sold in the low $$$ this weekend.. Hopefully with the GSSF match coming this weekend I can sell in the mid $$$$'s again :)

DerekP Houston
08-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Ain't seeing any shortages yet...but I imagine the panic buyers will hit in November so I went ahead and bought a few more primers.

WebMonkey
08-22-2016, 11:34 AM
small town here.
shortages of the popular stuff and a bit overpriced on primers (39.00 1k)
I did pick up another 2lbs of unique this morning though no 2400 on the shelf.

toallmy
08-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Ordered a couple 8 pounders of rifle powder this morning , not a panic buy but 10,000 more primers may have been . Actually I keep a lot of components on hand so I don't panic .

9w1911
08-22-2016, 04:43 PM
I learned my lesson, I should be able to make it through 8 years of Dems. I do need more primers though, cant have too many.

B. Lumpkin
08-22-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm good on components. I've been laying in a good stock of parts for the evil black guns.