PDA

View Full Version : M-94 Front Sight Height

1Shirt
10-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Need to get a new fron sight for my M-94. Probably a dumb question, but what is the correct height, and has anyone put one of the light gathering front sight on one? Need all the help I can get w/open sights. Thanks in advance to all who respond to this thread.
1Shirt

versifier
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
You didn't specify caliber, age, or model, but here's what I got from the Brownell's Catalog #56, p. 435.
Angle Eject SN above 6.000.000 sight ramp, front
sight, front .470" .357mag
.450" all
also lists another for Trapper & Wrangler, no size listed
AE SN below 6M lists sight ramp, front,
Trapper & Wrangler (no size listed)
Page 436
Top Eject SN above 2,700,000 sight cover, front
sight, front Trapper & Wrangler
Gun Parts Corp www.egunparts.com might be able to help, too :coffeecom

waksupi
10-28-2005, 12:51 AM
1Shirt, I put a Firesight, or whatever the trade name is, from Brownell's on my .358 Win. It is very good visibility with my aperture sight, with the Merit adjustable insert. Good for any light coditions. I consider them somewhat fragile, so leave the cover on when in the safe, and during transport. I take the cover off when hunting. Today I was out hunting in heavy fog, and light rain. It was very visible in the dim light.

1Shirt
10-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks guys, good words of wisdom. Think I will go with .470 and the fiber bit. Good thought on the hood until you hit the field.
1Shirt

versifier
11-01-2005, 04:45 AM
The hood is essential. Those little plastic "light pipes" don't take any rough handling, but they do give a nice sight picture. I'm going back to the good old fashioned post after this deer season, though, as the one on my front stuffer is already broken, as are similar ones on the rifles of two of my hunting buddies... Oh well, I can use the work, I guess. The worst day working on guns is better than the best day doing most other things. ;-)