PDA

View Full Version : Dillon low primer sensor mod for hard of hearing, i.e.: me

Walter Laich
08-20-2016, 04:08 PM
The Dillon low primer sensor has a buzzer that sounds when there is just a few primers left in the tube; works well for normal folks

My situation is several fans running in garage (the cheap noisy ones) as well as hearing loss.

All this to say I don’t hear the buzzer anymore…

So I changed out the buzzer for LEDs that now catches my eye when the primer tube is almost out

The kit I built has flashing LEDs, both seem to be on as I took the pic at a slow shutter speed.

This is the other side that holds the 9v battery; I used a bit of primer tray for the shelf it sits on.

Here is a link to the kit: http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/mk-1021/adjustable-led-flasher-kit/1.html

Walter Laich
08-20-2016, 04:09 PM
The dark blue primer rod holder is from Smoke--same one who sells the PC powder

VHoward
08-20-2016, 07:11 PM
That's cool. It's odd that Dillon didn't include an LED that lights up when it is triggered. They have a buzzer and an LED on their low powder alarm that you can get to set on top of their powder hoppers.

Walter Laich
08-21-2016, 03:03 PM
yep, have one of those and the buzzer is much louder so I can hear that.

might see if Dillon will replace just the buzzer and wire that in parallel with the LEDs so I have a belt and suspenders arrangement on the low primer sensor

VHoward
08-21-2016, 04:40 PM
I have just the opposite. The buzzer on my low primer alarm is loud and obnoxious. The buzzer on the low powder alarm is quiet. Dillon will only replace the entire low primer alarm unit. They don't replace just buzzers. You could check out the buzzers on digikey.com or Mouser Electronics or All Electronics etc.